Virginia Tech Class of 2025 — Decision Release Date: Mar 1-15

my son (whom you know :slight_smile: ) visited VA Tech and it’s really really lovely. It’s also very high on his list. He’s in at State too - so gonna be a bit of a touch decision!

2 Likes

If he chooses VT, be sure to tell him to never verbally pronounce his school as “Vah-Tech”. The abuse from his fellow Hokies will be extreme. :grinning:

1 Like

but some sportscasters can’t seem to figure that one out :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yep. Good ole ESPN’s chyron is to blame for that.

And yet the same sportscasters NEVER say “gah-tech”…I roll my eyes at them through my tv all.the.time!!

Just looking for clues… anyone see changes in their applicant portal? In previous posts from the other threads, they noticed a change in SRAR date, honors college box appearing…etc. EA Decisions should be released in a couple of weeks… and it’s always fun to speculate :wink:

2 Likes

Any chance the VT will release early action decisions along with UVA tonight??

No Not yet

Last one we’re waiting to hear from is VT - sure hoping we end on a good note :slight_smile:

1 Like

VT does still report stats on SAT scores and GPA for entering freshmen, at the college and university level

https://irweb.aie.vt.edu/webtest/FreshmenSummary.aspx

3 Likes

Has anyone else noticed when logging in to their applicant portal a prompt requesting you to share your information? It says “Consent to Information Release” from Technolutions Slate… prompting to cancel or share. ?? Not sure what to choose really or what it means.

Yes, I noticed the same. I said yes and it led to the portal.

Thanks. I just wonder what they are sharing and with whom… other colleges maybe? Comparing notes?

Technolutions Slate is our constituent relationship management tool used within Undergraduate Admissions. By sharing the information on the consent to release screen, Technolutions is able to match info to the application and show portal information for that applicant. Applicant information is not shared among schools.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing that link. I’d seen it early in S21’s search but then couldn’t find it again! Calming my anxiety a bit to see S21 is still above 75th%ile for his major in SAT and GPA. VT just makes me nervous because they were kind of unpredictable last year.

Thank you very much for the clarification.

Thanks for the clarification. Is it normal to consent multiple times? I think we had to consent three different times now when logging into the portal.

Yes, the consent to share times out after a given timeframe so it will be normal to consent multiple times. Hope that helps!

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification

VT has never done EA before, and historically has been very late with decisions. Our son that is at VT had to wait until mid March his senior year, months later than all his other applications to hear. Our senior now has mentally moved on. We are in Va, but he will likely end up your way in Mass.