Virginia Tech Class of 2025 — Decision Release Date: Mar 1-15

Did he indicate on the application that he wanted Corps of Cadets? If so, that should be a plus with admissions. My understanding is that if you indicated CoC, you cannot rescind that once you are admitted (although it doesn’t sound like that would be an issue for you). It’s a great program. I know the Commandant, he’s a very principled person.

Yes he did select CofC on his application. He also talked about it in one of his essays, including wanting to commission as an officer into the military after college. And the ROTC scholarship is already in hand. So it’s a financial plus for VT. I hope it will help my son stand out in a crowd of EA applicants!

3 Likes

I really think it will, good luck to him!

1 Like

Parent of an OOS Corps of Cadets/CoE applicant also. We are still waiting to hear about his ROTC scholarship. Good luck to your son!

That’s great! I hope everything works out for him! I’m hoping that 2/19 (or sooner) is the EA decision release date for VT. The waiting is brutal! My son applied to Air Force, Army, and Navy ROTC scholarships and is waiting to hear about the other 2 out of 3. Good Luck!

1 Like

I am an NC State alum with a daughter that attends Va Tech… Therefore I’m a WolfHokie. I absolutely loved NC State. I love everything about the city of Raleigh too. Perfect size city that is affordable, clean, great school systems and wonderful job market with the RTP.

I love everything about Va Tech. Its campus is gorgeous and has a better college feel ( you can walk to Basketball games and football games from your dorms or apartments. >>>if you care about that kind of thing… I did. My daughter loves everything about the school.

Blacksburg as a city is probably not where you will work after you graduate. Raleigh is easily a place you can do that.

Can’t go wrong with either school and the education. They are both fantastic

3 Likes

UVA EA is coming out tomorrow 2/4, do you guys think VT might come out too?

Today is the 4th, didn’t hear anything from UVA EA. What’s the source?

UVA announced that decisions will come out tomorrow, 2/5. My guess is 5pm.

UVA Office of Admissions Twitter/Instagram. My bad about the date mix up.

1 Like

Thank you for the comparison between the two. My D got into NC State (we’re in NC, so I’m familiar with NC State) and VT remains high on her list even though we didn’t get the chance to visit. I agree that the RTP/Raleigh area is a huge plus for jobs/internships. A little concerned about the same opportunities coming out of VT with no adjoining city (although we seem to have a good amount of VT alums in Charlotte).

If she gets good news on 2/19, we’ll have to at least drive up and experience VT from the outside and see if she still feels like it could be home. Then it comes down to whether it’s worth the bump in tuition, compared to NC State and other schools that she received merit awards from.

Thanks so much @98st8Wolf! I think a lot of people will benefit from this comparison.

I don’t know what discipline your daughter is pursuing, but Virginia Tech has giant job fairs in the fall and spring (I’m aware of engineering and business, but I’m sure there are others) with companies seeking VT students. Of course the bigger firms have multiple locations for jobs and internships. Just wanted you to know that VT students are in demand and firms come to Blacksburg to find them. Good luck!

3 Likes

Yes - she’d be business. Thank you for the info!

My son is a junior in business (accounting and finance) and is very happy. They just had the spring ‘Business Horizons’ career fair yesterday. It was virtual, but he met with 5 or 6 companies and had good discussions. And he was happy that he could wear shirt, tie, jacket, and shorts, haha.

2 Likes

Is VT EA 2/19?? I thought it was 2/28

Someone earlier in the discussion said 2/19 I think 2/28 is very late last year it was 2/22 or 2/21.

Our College counselor just told the parents that VT was coming out “the week of 2/21” which they were told by the AO

2 Likes

While it would be great if it’s earlier - still good to have a timeframe that seems official. Thanks!

Good to hear - thank you for sharing!