Virginia Tech exchange student

<p>What are people's opinions on Virginia Tech for an Australian exchange student? I am a psychology/sociology student and I do a little bit of music and drama as well, I want a school that is gonna be a lot of fun, but is still Academically sound. I also would love to see snow and have no idea what the weather is like in Virginia, so if someone could give me some information on that too, that would be great.
Regards,
Jefer1</p>

<p>I doubt you’d have any problem fitting in, and the accent certainly won’t hurt you with the girls. I don’t know much about the psychology/sociology programs but generally the academics here are good, and it is a really fun school to attend. One thing you could have to contend with is that the US drinking age is 21, so if you’ll be under when you come over here you won’t really be able to go out to clubs and bars. There are still a lot of house parties and other things to do though.</p>

<p>If you’re here for a winter you will get to see snow at some point, though it doesn’t really snow a whole lot. We usually get one or two decent (more than an inch or two) snows per winter. Within a couple hours drive though is skiing/snowboarding in West Virginia. In general the weather is pretty decent; it gets a little cold and windy in the winter but it is fantastic in the fall and spring.</p>