Virginia Tech Transfer Fall 2020

@cbl1 My credits are from JMU. I’m just not sure how things will transfer over because I know a few people who transferred from JMU to VT and their credits didn’t transfer over properly

Any one heard back from Transfer experience housing? I just got an email offering me a contract

I was just accepted!!

JUst go to the link above and chose transfer equiv database and then put in JMU and then it will allow you to chose the JMU subject and find the VT equivalent class.

@LeviR congratulations!!

Thank you. Does anyone know where I could find my FA info on the guest portal?

@LeviR there’s a yellow box on your portal that says ‘’ Financial Aid’’ click on the link and it will show you your award. Mine took a day after paying my deposit to show

Does anyone knows when will we be able to start adding courses and registering? I know that registering will close on May 29th and reopens August 3rd.

@LeviR Hey there! I am also currently waitlisted. Could you share what you did to get off the waitlist. I was asked to submit my in progress grades when they come out in May.

VTwannabebio - its a waiting game at this point and hopefully your time comes up!

@cbl1 In my case, wouldn’t I only expect to hear once they receive my in progress reports? Also @LeviR how were you notified?

I had just checked my portal and seen I was accepted and I had gotten a email but didn’t see it until after I had just checked my portal.

Also my FA hasn’t came up yet but I was able to create my VT email. Did anyone else experience this?

@LeviR Did you email them prior to that and did they ask that you sign up for an online class or send your progress report?

Hey I know this thread has been kinda dead, but I just wanted to say that I’m not accepting my offer of admission, so I hope one of y’all get my spot!!

Hey guys i transferred as a summer student and i still didn’t hear anything about summer orientation and i tried contacting VT but couldn’t find much about summer orientation. I’m kind of getting worried now since classes are started in less than a month. Does anyone know anything about summer orientation?

I am out of state student and my EFC is 0. However, Virginia Tech only awards me 15k, which is not enough to cover for the cost. Anyone have similar experience with financial aid at Virginia Tech? What should I do or is it true that Virginia Tech usually offer limited financial aid to students who are out of state and come from low-income family?

Virginia schools are not know for large amounts of financial aid to out of state students.

Hi! Does anybody know if I pay deposit but I will decide do not go to VT, will the deposit be returned? I cannot find it on the website. Thanks

You may be able to get deposit back if you haven’t completed housing contract.