Virginia Tech Transfer Fall 2020

@VirginiaTech4 I’m getting that too! I read on Reddit that you should give it more time but not sure tbh. I did email housing hopefully we hear from them soon

for anyone wondering about the housing error, i paid my deposit Wednesday and was able to get into the housing contracts last night so maybe later today you all will be able to.

@ab201937 does it say transfer as your classification on the side when you login?

@VirginiaTech4 yes

Mine says ‘’please select classification’’ as my classification on the side. I guess we just have to wait

How do you see how your credits will transfer over? It won’t let me see it on the portal (I haven’t paid my deposit yet).

Also, what’s this whole classification thing?

@noah24nba The classification error is just where the deposit has not fully been processed on the Starrez portal for housing. I paid my deposit and about 48 hours later I had access to all the housing and llc contracts.

@noah24nba I paid my deposit and still can’t see how my credits will transfer. It will show up after sending the official transcript to the admissions office. The classification thing in StarRez I think it is basically your admission type ( transfer, incoming first year, graduate…)

Is there any confirmation that your official transcript has been received by Tech?

Probably a dumb question but your GPA from your current college doesn’t transfer over to tech right?

@noah24nba Yes. For better or worse, you get a clean slate when you arrive to Tech.

Hey guys i’ve trying to sign up for an orientation but each time i try it says that there are no sessions available. Was any of you guys were able to sign up for the orientation and also what time is your orientation. Wondering since i want to start taking classes in summer so i wanna be done with the orientation asap.

@cbl1 I’ve been looking for summer classes, but almost all of them are full already!!! Does anyone know if Tech has a special policy for transfer students, since we literally had no time to sign up for them??

If you need a specific summer class you can speak to the department about force-add. You can also still do non-major classes at community college and have them transfer over per the VT equivalent charts.

I think with all summer being online students are seeing a great way to jump on a couple extra classes. We are lucky as my son needed a specific class for his major and we thought he was going to have to go back to Blacksburg at the end of July (but now he can take the class at home and get the VT credit).

So if you are transferring into Pamplin for example and you are following your roadmap of strongly recommended classes to take…can you take a class from a community collage to fullfill those? Thanks!

I would talk to a Pamplin advisor before doing anything.

There’s no “strongly recommended” - it is either required or elective per the checksheet for your major. If a CC course meets the transfer requirements then you are fine. Advising maps out required courses, in a somewhat suggested order to take them by semester until graduation.

If anyone wants to connect or hangout on campus hmu on Instagram @dj.jonesss I can’t wait to meet all of you guys soon!

Do y’all know if I can send in my transcript to see how my credits will transfer over, even though I’m not sure if I’ll transfer to tech (I’m waiting on other schools)?

Where are your credits coming from - if CC they have a table that will show you the exact credits you will get.

https://www.tranguide.registrar.vt.edu/