Visual preforming arts course

<p>Is debate considered visual preforming arts course? It considered one at my school and I’m out of state.</p>

<p>No, below are samples of acceptable and unacceptable VPA courses as provided by the UCs. Debate is not acceptable as a VPA course.</p>

<p>Acceptable and Unacceptable Courses. Courses which are primarily recreational, athletic or body conditioning, or for social entertainment, are NOT acceptable visual or performing arts courses. Commercial courses or courses specifically designed for training for a profession in these areas are not acceptable. See specific examples below. </p>

<p>Dance. Examples of acceptable courses include ballet, modern dance, jazz, and ethnic dance, choreography and improvisation, dance history, dance production/performance. Examples of unacceptable courses include aerobics, drill team, cheerleading, recreational dance, and ballroom dance. </p>

<p>Drama/Theater. Examples of acceptable courses include acting, directing, oral interpretation, dramatic production, dramaturgy/history/theory, and stage/lighting/costume design. Examples of unacceptable courses include speech, debate, or courses in other disciplines that require students to perform occasional skits. </p>

<p>Music. Examples of acceptable courses include band (concert, symphonic, jazz), orchestra, choir (e.g., concert, jazz, soul, madrigal), music history/appreciation, and music theory/composition. Examples of unacceptable courses include a musical group, which performs primarily for sporting events, parades, competitive field events, and/or community/civic activities. </p>

<p>Visual Art. Examples of acceptable courses include painting, drawing, sculpture, art photography, printmaking, video/film production as an art form, contemporary media, ceramics, and art history. Examples of unacceptable courses include craft courses, mechanical drafting, web page development, yearbook, and photography offered as photojournalism (i.e., as a component of yearbook or school newspaper publication).</p>

<p>Source: [University</a> of California - a-g Guide](<a href=“http://www.ucop.edu/a-gGuide/ag/a-g/vpa.html]University”>http://www.ucop.edu/a-gGuide/ag/a-g/vpa.html)</p>