VT vs Auburn

<p>My heart was set on an engineering program. I got accepted to Auburn's engineering and VT's COS. I understand that I could transfer at VT from COS to COE. Does anyone have any thoughts about this?</p>

<p>Are you in state for VT or do you have merit offers from either? My son was accepted to VT engineering but they did not offer any merit money so he is at Auburn (also out of state but did offer merit).</p>

<p>If Auburn is affordable to you, it deserves a lot of consideration. At the undergraduate level VT and Auburn are in similar category (ie, both top-notch). My S accepted to both colleges, and thought Auburn was very nice, has ongoing and upward growth in engineering (including the new wireless engineering studies), and the city is attractive.</p>

<p>In state for VT. No offers yet. Thanks</p>

<p>I went to Auburn and majored in Civil Engineering, but personally think that Virginia Tech is a better engineering school. Since it is in state for you, then VT is might be a better choice. It should be no problem to transfer from COS to COE if you get good grades your freshman year. Plus, it is often better to have a science or math undergraduate degree, but an engineering masters. At some colleges you can do this in five years (total). You might want to see if that is possible at VT.</p>

<p>Still, if you are concerned that you cannot transfer and you do want that undergraduate engineering degree, then go to Auburn if you can afford the out of state tuition.</p>

<p>If you are a guy, Auburn has the advantage of having a higher percentage of women (49% compared to 40% at VT). Plus, the weather is better in Auburn.</p>

<p>Thanks</p>