Waitlisted 2017

JMU is a great school. My son has friends there and they love it!

I had a feeling this would happen. There were so many applicants this year. Fortunately DS is finally very excited about going to GMU so he won’t be disappointed about Tech.

jayjennat…My daughter was offered waitlist at Tech in March and after coming down from the emotional roller coaster of not getting into her first choice she rejected the waitlist offer, accepted JMU’s offer and hasn’t looked back.

Ultimately they all grow to love the school they go to. In a year or two our daughters probably won’t be able to imagine having gone anywhere but JMU.

Thanks for that. She did the right thing by moving forward. I think my daughter will be a bit disappointed, but will get excited about JMU. You’re right they will love it there.

Not to change the subject, but does anyone here have information on how the JMU waitlist might look this year?

@jayjennat The whole waitlist thing seems kind of odd. S applied for but was rejected from Virginia Tech Engineering (he was accepted into University Studies). And he did not get waitlisted for Engineering. But then – out of the blue – S heard several weeks later from Virginia Tech that he could enroll in the STEP program for the summer, and if successfully completed, he could then enroll in the Engineering School in the fall.

So to anyone who was on the VA Tech Engineering School waitlist – and this seems like a Hail Mary pass to the end zone with no time remaining (but hey, it’s worked for Aaron Rogers pretty well) – perhaps you can contact VA Tech to see if your S or D could enroll in STEP. S is going to UCF, so there’s at least one space available in the program.

the engineering school doesn’t have a waiting list. i think you all are using incorrect terminology. if not offered engineering, but offered your second choice, its just an offer to your second choice.

CoE has had a wait list at different points in the past. My son was on it in 2013 and after being admitted to his 2nd choice major. The WL was put in writing. I have no idea how large the WL was, I’m guessing it’s pretty small and reserved for “special cases” of various sorts, which describes his situation :wink:

So is it 100% official that tech is not going to get anyone off the list. Also I heard somewhere that in the fall 2015, some people got off the list. Is this true?

VT has announced that they will not be taking anyone from the waitlist. I’m sorry to say.

But one thing is certain when it comes to waitlists, and that is that nothing is certain.

@JustGraduate can u post the email? I didn’t get an email about the waitlist

@Yolo0101 What email are you referring to? If it’s the one that recently came out about not utilizing the WL this year, it’s shown in #16 above

@Yolo0101

If you check VT Admissions on Twitter you will see that on May 3 they posted…

@Yolo0101 The email wasn’t a mass sending, it was in response to anyone who emailed VT Admissions directly. They were sending official letters yesterday so everyone should receive them soon. Here is the email that VT sent me on Wednesday, 05-03-17, when I asked if they were going to utilize the Waitlist:

Thank you for your email. As of today, we have decided that we will not offer admission to anyone from the wait list this year. Final notification letters will be mailed tomorrow.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Office of Undergraduate Admissions

Virginia Tech

925 Prices Fork Road

Blacksburg, VA 24061

540/231-6267

540/231-3242 (fax)

admissions@vt.edu

http://www.admissions.vt.edu/

Well guess no more waiting for anything to change :frowning: I wish the best of luck to everyone. As for me I will be attending VCU.