Waitlisted/asking for 1 Semester Grades

<p>Has anybody had experience with this? My DS first Semester Sr. Yr. grades
will be straight A's...
I am wondering when we will hear. Problem then becomes he will not be
a DA into Business. What are the advantages of WI Business Major
over IU/Kelley or Miami/Farmer?? WI undergraduate school of Business
is so small... and they are not generous w/ $$ for out of state.
Is WI that good?</p>

<p>Common to be deferred pending 1st term grades–about half of all apps get deferred. I would not say UW has any advantage of Kelley but is better than Farmer overall.</p>

<p>Quite rare to be DA to Business. Only 20 per year, and from what I’ve learned…tend to be Wisc residents ranked #1 or #2 in a Wisc high school. I think something like 80 are invited to apply DA after initial Wisc acceptance. Additional essays required. Only 20 are selected and you are forced to take a common set of classes…regardless of A/P credits for the same classes. I’m not suggesting that A/P is same as a Wisc course, but still if you’re counting on A/P credits…a DA can wipe that out.</p>

<p>Thanks for your replies. We were aware of the small number of DAs which means he would have to keep his grades pretty high to be admitted into Bus. later… which I dont think would be a problem however we have heard way too many stories of Freshman year horrors… with really smart kids. So… IU has rolled out the red carpet and def. has an edge. It’s just that HE likes WI… alot. Personally I think it’s because Devilshead is so close… hahaha. Money and scholarships are a factor so I think our decision will be EZ.</p>

<p>Too bad tho, Madison is an awesome town.</p>