Waitlisted to Galileo?

Son is upset. He got the following email about Galileo today. He applied 2 weeks ago.

Dear (Darling Son),

Thank you for applying to the Galileo community for 2017/18. Unfortunately, at this time we are out of spots to offer and have placed you on the wait list.

Students who had been offered spots before you applied have until June 13 to accept their offer. We will continue to check the application system each week to receive status updates from those students. As students choose to decline the offer or perhaps choose another university to attend then we will be able to go back and made offers to the candidates on the wait list.

In the meantime, I encourage you to consider signing up for the CEED Peer Mentoring Program as an alternative way to connect with a community of engineering peers. Any first year engineering student who wants to participate will receive a mentor team. In the case we are able to offer you a spot in Galileo, then I will remove you from the Peer Mentoring Program as you will already have a mentor in Galileo. You can see more information about the Peer Mentoring Program here; https://www.eng.vt.edu/ceed/ mentoring

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Hopefully your DS will hear positive news soon since decision day has passed and surely spots have opened up.

My son received the same email Monday and was disappointed. I hope some spots open up.

If they wanted an LLC have them apply to THRIVE or RLC as soon as possible. They are both loaded with engineering majors and they are nice dorms with the elusive A/C and elevators. They can apply to both and see which accepts them.

Thank you for the information!