Weighted Class for UCs

At my school, the PLTW Biomedical Sciences classes (Principles of Biomedical Sciences, Human Body Systems, and Medical Interventions) are weighted. Would UCs weight this as an honors class while weighting my GPA or no? I took PBS during junior year and I wanted to know if that weighting would be able to boost my UC GPA at all. Thanks!

Go to https://hs-articulation.ucop.edu/agcourselist#/list/search/institution?f=institutionTypeName%7CSchool%3B
and type in the name of your school. The course list shows which honors course are weighted by UCs.

My school opened two years ago, and the list is not fully updated with all of our A-G courses, e.g. AP U.S. Gov is not currently on there. The weighting was just accepted within the district a few months ago so would it take longer for it to be decided whether it will be weighted or not?

If the courses are not listed, I would check with your counselor since they may have an update. Is there a similar HS nearby that offers these courses that you could check on the link posted by Ynotgo?

I checked my old high school which is about 30 minutes away and in a different county and it isn’t given honors weighing there. The high schools in the next city over don’t even have the courses. I emailed the principal about it and I’ll email my counselor too.

I also took these courses and they are not honors they are considered college prep in the UC system

Oh well I guess… I was hoping to get a small boost to my UC GPA but I guess not.

I took all these classes, and they look really good on your transcript especially if you’re going into science.