Wellesley College Class of 2027 Thread

Could you share her stats?

waitlisted! :frowning:
4.8 gpa / 35 act
anthropology major

Waitlisted for math/music
4.0UW, 11APs, 3 CE, 1540 SAT
AIME + strong music ECs/awards

She has a 4.0 UW, school does not W grades. She took 4 AP junior year (first year they can take in her HS) and 5 this year. She is a competitive swimmer, swimming 20+ hours per week, captain this year. 4 yr Math team, 4 year honors band, lots of hours volunteering and tutoring. Had a good SAT score, but decided not to submit. She is not sure of her major but leaning towards cognitive science/languages. The school will still be pretty pricey for us, so we will have to sit down and figure it all out

2 Likes

D23 accepted. Excited and planning to visit.

2 Likes

accepted! test optional, 7 APs, A- average student (midyear has 3 A+ and 3 B+ which somehow evens out to an A average at my school)

4 Likes

rejected (psych major)
international student, did not apply for financial aid
converted gpa: 3.5 uw (school does not weigh)
converted sr yr mid-term gpa: 4.0 uw (school does not weigh)
1520 SAT
strong major oriented ecs and awards

congrats to all who got in!!

1 Like

rejected
applied undecided
international student asking for a full ride
4.0 gpa unweighted (school doesn’t weigh)
gap year student
test optional
7 really strong ec
held leaderships position
asked to switch from ED2 to RD, I think I lost my chance there.

1 Like

accepted
environmental studies/data science major
domestic student (no financial aid)
3.75 UW gpa 3.89 W (test optional) school only offers honors
quite strong ECs/awards

3 Likes

wait list
international
4 gpa
104 toefl

Does anyone know what the chances of getting off the waitlist are?

D23 accepted.
Test optional
4.0 UW, 4.23 W (school only has honors, no AP’s)
Three dual enrollment college classes (English 101 community college, Art, Theater at a 4-year college)
Extracurriculars - jazz and theater
Bilingual and dual citizen (Greece)
Internship in a biotech company, wants to study molecular biology.
She let her interests guide her during high school.
I purposely enrolled her in a school with no AP or IB classes because I wanted her to have time to explore her own interests.

1 Like

Hi, do you mind sharing your extracurricular and awards? I am thinking of applying to math/data science and environmental studies(if they ask for 2nd major). I just wanna know what is expected or the ‘standard’ of getting in. Thank you very much!

Same situation here. I am an international student interested in applying to Wellesley but would need financial aid. I am also taking a gap year (but actually it is because I graduated a year earlier). Do you mind sharing your extracurricular /awards? I hope to have a clearer picture of my circumstances and think twice before ED-ing to Wellesley. Thank you very much!