Wesleyan ED Fall Admission 2022 Discussion

Who is applying to Wesleyan ED?
What are your stats?
How many people do you know that are applying ED?
Why Wes?
I submitted my ED application last week and I’m having daily heart attacks over how nervous I am

2 Likes

My daughter has applied ED to Wes. She has been checking her email every day in the unlikely event Wes U sends her the decision very early. Her class rank is 3/355. 4.5 average, SAT 1500 (Math 760, English 740).

3 Likes

Best of luck. My son ED’d to Wes too. Loved his visit. Loved it. Hoping for the best to all.

2 Likes

hey! i just responded to your other comment but i applied to wes ED. i don’t know anyone else (top school from my state, but i’m in the second smallest state haha) who is applying there ED as far as i know.
My stats are:

• all A’s all in highschool for final grades, but numerous A-'s (usually math) with 6 AP’s (3 junior, 3 this year) which i got a 4, 4 and 5 on each
  • GPA 4.43
  • Many extracurriculars for 4 years or more (government, model UN, environmental competitions, marching band)
  • did not submit test scores
  • intended major(s) in environmental studies and government
    I went and toured and fell in love with wes :slight_smile: let’s hope we get in ! how were your stats and why did you pick wes for ED?
2 Likes

Best of luck. I always hope that people have a chance to attend the school that really appeals to them, especially after a good visit.

3 Likes

I live in nyc and know a bunch of kids (well, not a BUNCH, just five including myself, but that is still a good number) who applied ED. I’m pretty sure we’re going to hear from them this Saturday, if the last two years of notifications mean anything, since they were both the Saturday before the 15th.
I’ve honestly always thought it was kind of barbaric that colleges would send admission notifications to students in the middle of the school day, knowing they would all open them in class and either cry tears of joy or defeat in front of all their peers, but knowing that Wes has been sending them out on weekends makes me love the school even more. It really seems like they care about students wellbeings. But maybe that’s just me.

3 Likes

D applied ED 1. Recruited athlete at both D1 and D3 levels. A- (unweighted) average from a top boarding school that doesn’t have AP courses. 730 Math 700 verbal but did not submit scores. Once she ruled out D1 athletics, it came down to Wesleyan and two other top NESCAC schools. She loved the vibe and heavy influence of the arts and felt like she could do other things at Wesleyan other than her sport and hanging out with jocks. Probably will major in Math with an art minor but is still undecided.

1 Like

My D is also recruited athlete applying ED1. URM, A- average, no test scores. She looked at most D3 Nescacs and some centennials. Felt best fit at Wesleyan. Good luck to all. The waiting is the toughest part.

3 Likes

ho much do you think mid-semester grade reports count for Wesleyan ED? Our daughter has applied with 2 Bs in her mid-semester report; otherwise she has all As.

Wish I knew the answer! If she has mostly A’s and only a couple Bs recently, and depending on course difficulty, would not think it would hurt her too much. Would think they look at overall track record and As throughout is impressive. Best of luck to all. Plenty of nerves all around!!

thanks for your response. Can’t wait for the decision! Wish Wesleyan would announce when they plan to send their notifications.

2 Likes

Likely this Saturday. Hope this helps assuage your anxiety, but likely only increases it like ours! Best of luck.

1 Like

Has anyone contacted Wes to see if they will disclose their notification date? I am noticing that a lot of peer schools are doing so by tomorrow.

1 Like

Saw in another thread–Admissions has confirmed that they will be released tomorrow 12/11

I also saw Saturday, 12/11 in another thread and 3pm was mentioned as the release time. I assume that is EST. Does anyone know how the info is relayed? Do they send an email with the decision or does the email tell you to check your portal?

My DD applied ED as a recruited athlete. Stats are 35 ACT, 4.0/4.53 GPA, 7 AP’s, 2 Honors, Varsity Athlete, Team Captain as a senior, very good ECs and LORs. I loved her essay, but who really knows… She has loved Wesleyan since we first visited a few years ago–everything about it seems like a great fit for her. We live in Northern CA, so this will be a big change. She is handling the admissions uncertainty well, but I am on pins and needles! Fortunately, it won’t be long now.

3 Likes

Best of luck to all!

1 Like

DD looks to have a solid chance without recruited athlete hook (only increases her chances). Hope she gets in like the rest on here.

1 Like

My daughter applied ED as well. We toured a bunch of schools, and she loved Wes. It felt like the one to her. Academically rigorous but also social and fun. Hoping for good news today. :crossed_fingers: Good luck to everyone!

Her stats- 4.43 GPA, 33 ACT

4 Likes

Just got the news that she didn’t get in. Not the one after all!

1 Like

Deferred—so sad for her