Wesleyan ED Fall Admission 2022 Discussion

Yes, fandg96’s daughter was deferred to RD. But, you may want to PM her as her situation has been discussed pretty thoroughly.

1 Like

Our daughter was also deferred from ED1 to ED2. The tread above does show many deferred to RD, so they do defer to both. Good luck!

Is there a thread for ED2 applicants?

1 Like

I don’t think there is a separate thread… likely we can continue here

I am curious if any of the ED1 recruited athletes from Wes who
were rejected found a new home via ED2 or is FUBAR the word
of the day. Thanks.

When do we think decisions will be out? Next Saturday? I got an email today from the financial aid office asking me to confirm some things…

I think it will be between Feb 12-15- their website used to say Feb. 12th, and now says mid Feb… the waiting is hard!

I applied ED2 for full financial aid. I am also an international student. What are my chances?

We are think Saturday at 3 PM EST, right?

I am so nervous waiting for the ED2 result in NJ, China. I was rejected by NYU in ED1 and UNC, OSU, in EA. Currently I have the offer from UWM which I like very much. But Wesleyan has always been my Top3!!! Plus I didn’t get the opportunity of the interview. :frowning: Hope everyone can receive a good result in Saturday!!!

2 Likes

Did you hear this from someone at Wesleyan or a school counselor?

They’ve posted their decisions the Saturday before the 15th for years, always at 3 PM. Someone on Reddit also mentioned that their school counselor was notified by Wesleyan that the 12th would be the day. I’m beyond nervous. Wes is my dream school.

oh, sounds good! Good luck!

1 Like

Any updates from the deferred athletes in the ED2 round?

This happened to my D as well. Might be legal, but not ethical.

D was pre-read and committed. Then deferred and rejected.

Also happened to my D. Pre-read, committed, great student…just rejected. Unbelievable.

My D was committed, pre-read, deferred from ED and now rejected. Upsetting. Kids can’t commit to more than 1 school, at least not ethically.

What specifically did the coach tell you in terms of your level of support?

So sorry to hear this. Was this deferral for ED and then just rejected now as a committed athlete?