West aj dorm set up

<p>My daughter will be living in west aj this year and she has read that the rooms are a little smaller than other dorms due to the air conditioning units...she wants to loft her bed but not to the highest setting...will that be possible or do both beds need to be bunked or lofted to the fullest..she also wants to buy the hutch for her desk and bed but I m worried there won't be enough space...anyone have advice on furniture placement?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>My advice on the bunks is to wait until she moves in Aug 21 or so. The bunk decision will have to be made with her roomate so that may wind up limiting the options. Space will be tight regardless and they may find that a couple extra feet of space is worth leaving the beds bunked. For what it’s worth I believe students tried out all variations.</p>

<p>My S lived in WAJ last year. There is enough room that you only need to loft one bed. It will be snug. My son’s bed was lofted. Under his bed, was my son’s desk and a 32 inch TV. Roommate’s bed was not lofted. Next to his bed was his desk. There also were two wardrobes. The small refrigerator and trash can were between the door and the sink. It was a little hard to reach the sink. During the year, the roommate moved his television into the wardrobe. (He didn’t have that many clothes.) This allowed the refrigerator and trashcan to be placed under the lofted bed. </p>

<p>There is space above the wardrobe to store a few items such as a guitar or suitcase. You might want to take a small step stool that folds flat so she can reach the top of the wardrobe.</p>

<p>I would recommend that your D and her roommate look at some other rooms for ideas on how to arrange the furniture before they start unpacking. The RAs usually know what rooms look good and will lead you to them. Also, many students rearrange the furniture during the year once they realize the furniture placement isn’t working for them. </p>

<p>I would not buy a hutch. They always have plenty so your D can add one later if she still wants it and has the space. </p>

<p>Good luck!</p>