What are my chances at Virginia Tech?

Hi everyone, I’m currently a junior in high school.

GPA: 3.85 weighted (it could go up)

SAT: 1390 (new)

Classes: 4 APs this year and 4 or 5 next year

ECs:
-Captain of Debate team
-Member of National Honors society
-Member of UNICEF club
-I compete in an entrepreneurship competition every year and got 3rd place last year
-I’m planning on getting a job
-Hospital volunteer (almost 100 hours total)

What are my chances?
Should I do anything else?

I’m trying to apply to the Pamplin School of Business btw.

Put your info into parchment.com

Anything over a 70% change in parchment usually means acceptance.

I would say with your lower GPA but good SAT your probably an 80% range in parchment. Normally I would say your pretty much in - but I know after a few years ago they haven’t been letting as many in because of their higher rates of students accepting invitations.

Hopefully you applied Early Action - as when we went on tour they said Regular decision was going to most likely be harder than Early action.

What exactly is parchment.com and what do you mean by “80% range in parchment?” Thanks!

You’ll get in. Don’t stress yourself.

Parchment.com is a website of course

Many schools use it for transcript sending to colleges. You put in all your stats and pick colleges you want to go to and it will give you percent chance and scatter diagrams of previous admissions. As I mentioned an 80% chance on parchment means your likely to get in Anything below 70% you are unlikely.

It’s an 81% on parchment.com

Does parchment.com differentiate between the different schools at VT? My son applied EA Political Sci. I’ll have to check it out.

I applied to VT early action this year. My stats are as follows:

GPA: 3.66 (w) 3.2 (uw)
SAT: 1380
ACT 30 composite, 32 superscore
APs: 11
Mosty all honors classes throughout high school

What are my chances of getting in this year?

@sal123456 Chances depends a lot on major, Instate or OOS and classes comprising GPA. Good Luck

captianpruny - for the business school you are looking good

No parchment doesn’t differentiate by major. I would say if your wanting engineering you need to be in the 90% plus range

Va tech has detailed info on last years acceptance by ever major if you go to virginia tech website.

Sal - your gpa is pretty low. If your in Star and legacy may have a chance. Good day though and hopefully maybe your first half senior year classes are better gpa. You don’t mention major - probably should only apply university studies. You may get deferred and hopefully if you have excellent senior year grades you can get in.

Is university studies (undecided) usually easier to get in?

Vs listing as business undecided. - probably general studies slightly easier but really toss up depending on the applicant pool.

Since parchment doesn’t differentiate by major it is useless for VT.

As poster is business major I would trust. If poster had said engineering architecture etc then no I wouldn’t rely on.

I have similar stats to you:

3.88 weighted GPA
31 ACT (1360-1390 SAT range)
I have taken 8 APs
I have 150+ hours of community service
Had a job all 4 years of high school
4 years year round sports + captain this year and participation in multiple clubs
80 hour marketing internship this summer

I applied early decision to the Pamplin School of Business and was deferred. I will update you on whether or not I get in from early decision if you would like.

Good luck!

Did you specify a major in Business or did you apply as Business, Undecided? Are you in state or out of state? Good luck to you!

Oh that kind of scares me for the future! Yes, please let me know what happens. Thanks

Would be good to know if he got in as definitely borderline and be good to know which way things are going.

With the massive overcrowding right now at Virginia Tech and the housing issues I can’t imagine how hard it will be to get into Tech next year. It will likely be the hardest ever