What are my chances of getting admitted as a Transfer Student?

I am a Sophomore at Purdue University-West Lafayette. I am majoring in Mechanical Engineering and Minoring in Physics. I have 58 credits with an overall GPA of 3.06 and 15 on going credits. I am applying to transfer to University of Wisconsin Madison during Fall 2017.

Apart from that I am a member of 2 Clubs on campus (Outing Club and Ski and Snowboardinget club), I have been involved in multiple volunteering activities such as Habitat for humanity, winterization, PUDM and a few other activities. And I have great Essays.

Also, I would like you to know that I did great great in my freshmen year with 3.5 in my firest semester and 3.3 in my second. However, I got 2.84 in my first semester sophomore year. I didn’t do well in my sophomore year because i had a huge course load with 6 courses (19 credit hours) with 3 math courses 1 advanced physics course and 2 core engineering courses. Despite that I was doing well, but after the first month i got very sick for about 3 weeks. That made me fall behind in a my courses and I had tough time catching up with the courses. (I got 1 A-, 1 B+, 2 B, 1 B- and 1 C)

Your GPA might not help you out very much. They look for above a 3.0 at the minimum.

Thank you for your response.

You may have extenuating circumstances for your record- hope you explained to admissions what happened. btw- time spent on extracurriculars can contribute to lower grades. Hope your priorities are academics first.

Thank you for your response.