What are some good undergraduate schools for both political science and business?

As others have said, it’s too early to be forming much a college list. But I always think it best to start college searches with schools that are extremely likely for admission, extremely likely to be affordable, and where you would be happy to attend. Those are the schools that should form the base of any college list you develop.

One school I would strongly consider is Central Michigan. It has a few degree programs that I think you might find interesting:

According to CMU’s website, it’s the only school with these majors in Michigan (and it was the only school listed with Real Estate as a major in Michigan on College Navigator, a site operated by the federal government).

If real estate law is your long-term interest, urban planning could be another undergrad major to consider. Examples:

If you like CMU, then Pitt is an obvious option to consider (and admissions are rolling, so you can get an early acceptance in your pocket if you apply early); and if you like W&M, MiamiOH is a less-reachy and more-affordable option that aspires to a similar “Public Ivy” vibe.

1 Like

If there is a difference in frosh admission selectivity, then it is likely that changing after enrolling requires another admission process (high college GPA or competitive process), since the more competitive major is that way because it is full or nearly so.

Be aware that usually the business school is separate from the college where poli sci is housed (usually in Arts and Sciences). Poli Sci is usually a BA where business is a BS. Different requirements for each college, and if you want to double major, more core classes and more credits to graduate may be required. A minor in one or the other may be possible.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.