What determines eligibility of in-state tuition for dependent that lives in Indiana?

Hello, I was wondering if my eligibility for in-state tuition for Purdue would be affected when my parent moves out of state? I will be a second year student at Purdue (enrolled full time in my field), have resided in Indiana for over 5 years and am over 18. Parents are divorced, custodial parent is paying my tuition in full ( no government aid) but will be moving out of state. Other parent will be staying in Indiana but does not help w/ tuition. I am claimed as a dependent under the parent that will still be living in Indiana. What would my next steps be in order to ensure that I stay enrolled in my field as a resident of Indiana, if I can help it. Any useful links would be much appreciated as the rules and regulations are slightly confusing. Thank you!

The University’s policy says “ A Student who is classified as a Resident by the University must notify the Office of the Registrar of any change in factors that might prevent him or her from continuing to meet the definition of Resident”, so I’d start that process to get clarity.

My amateur read is that you may be OK, as at https://www.purdue.edu/policies/business-finance/iid1.html it says:

“ A Student who is dependent, and whose Parents or Legal Guardians are no longer married, is eligible for Resident status so long as one Parent or Legal Guardian is a Resident of the state of Indiana, as defined in this policy, and remains partially or wholly financially responsible for the dependent Student.”

Even if your other parent is paying tuition, living with your IN-based parent should make then “partially financially responsible” based on housing, food, etc. over breaks, summer, etc.

But I’m no expert - talk with the school, and a legal advisor if needed.