What does "decision made" imply?

<p>^ It’s not really a big mystery. Letters/emails will come out. I believe I got both. Students haven’t received them yet, but they will go out. For a few years, at least, this online deposit thing has existed as a sort of early/backdoor method of figuring out if you’re accepted. Does that answer the question?</p>

<p>I got in!!! Just got the letter yesterday. When do they let you know if you get any merit money?</p>

<p>Got into the school of engineering. Not sure if I am going. Waiting to hear about merit money.</p>

<p>engineering</p>

<p>Son got accept package on Saturday. </p>

<p>Thank you Rebecca! Doesn’t seem very straight forward at all. Why make students guess and wonder when it is unnecessary. Students are nervous enough without imposing a guessing game.
But for those of you still waiting, it may help to know that with a yield of around 22%, Binghamton has to extend nearly 5 offers to get one acceptance. If you have stats in the ball park, the odds are far greater that you will get an offer than the odds are that you will accept that offer. So hang in there!</p>

<p>What are you even talking about? It’s not like Binghamton deliberately chose to do it this way, it’s just that their computer system updated before all the snail mail is received. It’s not as if they sent out an email that’s like, “by the way, if you want to find out if you were accepted, try to pay and there’s your answer!” It’s just a way that students have figured out on their own. I’m surprised you don’t know this considering you depict yourself as an expert on all things Binghamton. Did you even go there?</p>

<p>Rebeccar, thanks for the information. Every other school figured out how to inform students directly about their status without producing a guessing game. Of course Binghamton deliberately chose to do it this way. Did you think they had no alternative? Every other school found one.</p>

<p>Yes…as did Binghamton…in the form of sending out letters and emails…just like every other school. If you think no other school has some online method like this that becomes active before snail mail goes out, you’re seriously delusional. I clearly remember doing this with several schools I applied to, as did my brother. Your game is getting old.</p>

<p>Actually, I had to come back to respond a second time because it just hit me what you were saying. That out of the thousands of universities in the country, ONLY BINGHAMTON UNIVERSITY had some sort of secret, round table meeting where someone proposed “I have a nefarious idea, let’s set it up so about two days before we sent out thousands of letters, we rig our deposit website so students can attempt to pay, and if they can, that’s how they’ll know they’re accepted two days before they REALLY find out they’re accepted?” I can’t even comprehend this argument you’re actually trying to make. I can only assume you’re an 18 year old student who got rejected from Binghamton and spends her days and nights on this forum passive aggressively making comments to try to destroy its reputation. There’s no other explanation from this insanity. </p>

<p>Rebeccar, Many students eager to attend Binghamton seem confused when they hear that other students found out about their decisions by checking whether they can pay a deposit. That seems unfortunate. Maybe they can change the process for next year. It is nice that there are so many students eager to hear. I am not suggesting anything like what you speculate about. It is good for student to hear different perspectives. Yours may be very helpful but I’m sure there is room for others too. I add information. I try to make sure it is accurate. Inaccurate information would be a disservice to students. Speculating about my age or my background does not really provide students with useful information. I think this forum is supposed to be a place where people can write about their opinion and about what they know. I try to be accurate and honest. Being honest means there will be times I write something someone else may disagree with. They are free to write what they think. Putting effort into keeping someone else from writing their view does not seem helpful for other students.</p>

<p>Mentioned this in another post but there is an article about NYU having similar issues related to changes in their portals being read by students as indicative of admissions decision. You can see it at NYULOcal with a title called December 12, 2014
BREAKING DOWN THE COLLEGE CONFIDENTIAL MYTHS</p>