What High School Will Give Me a Higher Chance of Getting Accepted?

<p>I'm currentness a sophomore in High School. I want to go to the University of Miami with all my heart. I want to know where I'm best at in order to get accepted and hopefully a scholarship. I have two choices: a run down public high school which I'm supposed to go to, or a Vocational Technical High School of choice. I went to the VoTech last year but wasn't sure if it was what I wanted. Currently I'm at the public school and it's really bad. Our building is very run down, we're broke, we don't have money for anything. But they do have a choir and Jazz Choir which i thought would be great for me as I love to sing. I took the time and thought out what career I wanted and optimistically, I want to have a career in music or at least music production. Realistically, I want to be a doctor; the medical field also interests me a lot, I always take my time to learn about new diseases, causes, cures, etc. So I want to double major in those two. I was in the major Advertising and Art last year which had nothing to do with my career choices. So I left. I wasn't sure if they were going to give enough to get accepted into Miami. I was going by the bias that VoTech schools don't offer enough college prep or AP. All their Academic classes are college prep though, but they do not have AP. They have CAP which is similar, except you get the credits towards a community college and don't have to take a test in order to get them just pass the class (most Universities accept these credits). I ranked Top 10% of my class last year, and I am maintaining Straight A's this year. The idea to go back to the VoTech just struck my mind when they told me they were willing to take me back, and that they'd put me in their new major, Entertainment Technologies. Now I'm not sure which school I'm better off at, the nice VoTech, very nice building, A/C in the whole building, higher State High School Proficiency Assessment scores, with Entertainment Technologies, and CAP classes, or the broke down public school, which only has a 30% passing rate on the HSPA, Choir/Jazz Choir, and AP classes. The public school is one of the lowest rated schools in the state. Please help me. Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>Just go to wherever you’ll flourish more and get better grades. Public schools are fine as long as you remain on top. The school does determine your success, you do.</p>

<p>Also, I had trouble reading the wall.</p>

<p>Grades matter, not the school</p>

<p>UM actually does investigate the rigor of academic curricula at different schools and will factor that into their admission decision. Really, it only matters if you have a low GPA and go to a really good school.</p>