What major do I choose?

<p>I'm currently doing my application for Virginia Tech undergraduate program. It tells me to choose my major and I want to choose something involving computer science and their Media/Creative Computing Track.</p>

<p>The description of the "track":
"This track is intended for students wishing to prepare for entry-level positions in game engineering, animation programming, and media technology or graduate studies in those areas as well as research in entertainment uses of computing and HCI. Built upon the proposed HCI track, this track is an alternative to a graphics track for students excited by applications of computing in entertainment."</p>

<p>I'm looking at the list of undergraduate majors and neither computer science nor anything related to media/creative design is on the list. Do I choose undecided major?</p>

<p>Hi,Thomas,Just a thought-maybe you could email/contact the department or admissions and get some advice as to what would be the best course of action in applying ,given your interests. I would think undecided would not be the best course of action but not sure. Hopefully, some other people will have good ideas for you. Good luck with your application! The computer science department is very well regarded and Virginia Tech is a great school.</p>

<p>Computer Science is part of the College of Engineering, so you would need to choose General Engineering for your application. As a student, you will be able to change your major to CS after meeting certain requirements.</p>