What NOT to Wear...at Bama... ;)

<p>Do Girls at Alabama wear lululemon?</p>

<p>Also…how “into” designers are they over there? Do they care about girls having high end designer bags, shoes, clothing…like louis vuitton, chanel, gucci, prada? Do the girls carry these at the school? My friend goes to U Miami and said that all the girls show up to class with their chanel bags and really into labels over there…I’m curious about what alabama’s girls takes are on designer items</p>

<p>Lulumon is sold in Hoover, Homewood and Huntsville Alabama so likely it’s worn.</p>

<p>I saw backpacks and totes being carried across campus. Could not say I saw any LV, Chanel, etc on any students that I remember.
My D is there now for Summer II and will also be going thru rush. I can attest to the fact the girl does not own one single LV, Chanel, Gucci or Prada item. I also do not see buying her such. Those will be on her own dime, not mine. And if she can afford those then she will be paying the bills to be in a sorority and/or helping with the tuition.</p>

<p>So, is that a “definitely get rain boots” or is that something that will just sit in the back of my closet? I’ve never used them here in Missouri and we can have some rainy days.</p>

<p>maddsm, I think I would definitely get the rain boots. My D wears regular shoes in the rain more often than she wears her rain boots, but I’d like to think that’s because she often gets caught in the rain. She did tell me that if she knows it’s raining when she’s leaving the dorm, she will wear her rain boots. And this is a kid who NEVER wore rain boots here in the midwest, where we also can get some pretty big rains and the high school is filled with Hunters on a rainy day.</p>

<p>I bought a couple of pairs of good flip flops. Couldn’t convince him to get waterproof sandals.</p>

<p>My D wanted several pairs of rainboots. She has already worn them this summer.
With Nike shorts, of course.</p>

<p>D who is a rising sophomore has told her friends coming to UA this year that her three most used item she couldn’t live without are rain boots, umbrella and Ethernet cable. She still wears her shirts the correct size–no L or XL and still doesn’t own a pair of Nike shorts. :)</p>

<p>I think girls need the rainboots.</p>

<p>I’ve mentioned a few times that I got my boys the waterproof Clark shoes…the ones lined with sheepskin…they LOVE them…LOVE them.</p>

<p>This thread has over 42,000 views. #highfashion</p>

<p>I’m happy that a good portion of this thread about what GUYS wear or don’t wear at UA. </p>

<p>Equal opportunity (also proving that it is not just we moms with girls who obsess over this stuff!)!</p>

<p>*This thread has over 42,000 views. #highfashion
*</p>

<p>Yes I was shocked by that. lol</p>

<p>M2CK, do you have a link to those boots. I found several but none that describes sheepskin lining. My son has a pair of ugg sheepskin moccasins that he loves and wears regularly.</p>

<p>D is there now for EC. She posted something last week along the lines of,
“You know you are in the South when the guys care just as much about their clothes as the girls”. </p>

<p>NYBama, can’t help you on the guys front for the boot linings.
However, GIRLS, Charming Charlies typically has boot linings in stock. At least they did last year. They had a pretty good selection last year.</p>

<p>The black and Asian kids dress however they want here at UA, but this thread has a point the white kids ALL dress the same. It’s like they feel pressured to fit a status quo. Any minorities that stumble upon this thread don’t be intimidated about being looked at the wrong way just for dressing how you like.</p>

<p>Source: student at UA.</p>

<p>All white students do not dress the same. Some dress preppy, some don’t. Just because you’re a student at Bama doesn’t mean that you’re not guilty of making broadbrush assumptions. Yes, many of the Greeks dress in a few similar styles, but the “white” student body doesn’t all follow lock step with them. </p>

<p>I’ve spent enough time on Bama’s campus over the last seven years to see that there are a variety of dressing styles.</p>

<p>I’m a T-shirt, athletic shorts guy. Like literally every day. I own a few polos and another nice button down but rarely wear them. I don’t exactly plan on changing this either. Do you think I’ll be okay here?</p>

<p>the guys around here mostly give up the athletic shorts after middle school. you can wear what you want, but you might end up wanting to dress differently over time.</p>

<p>Ill see I guess, but I can’t see myself conforming to the norm like that, let alone paying for all of those clothes at ridiculous prices. I don’t plan on joining a fraternity by the way.</p>

<p>Nickm56: You do not have to spend a lot to achieve the look that you want/need. I shop the heck out of things for my sons. Those “labels” that people love to wear? I never pay full price. My recommendation is that you look around if you are going to clothes shop. My oldest son has lots of khakis – he was in a fraternity, but he also had lots of honors college functions to attend. I often bought those slacks with extra coupons from various stores and took advantage of their free shipping. Same thing with dress shirts. Now he is out working (he graduated last May), and he did not have to do any clothes shopping for his job. My younger son, who starts college in the fall, already has begun to shop for the clothing he will need, and again, everything is on sale before purchased. Look around. You’ll find some great deals.</p>