What type of classes should I take? (what would colleges prefer)

Hello!

At my high school we have a huge variety of electives to choose from. We are supposed to graduate with an endorsement which is basically the range of electives you have taken (for example, STEM, Business, Public Services, Arts and Humanities). You can earn an endorsement and then take other non-related electives if you choose/have room to.

I for sure want to go into business and there are many great classes available related to business but they are all non GPA weighted classes. Classes in the medical related endorsements such as biomed, biology, and others, however, are weighted.

My GPA is over a 4.0 (about a 4.6 because of AP classes I have taken) and I am ranked 70 out of about 880. Because of my core classes that are AP weighted I can take non weighted business electives that I am interested in while still maintaining my rank/GPA.

Basically my question is that, in terms of what colleges look for, would it be better for me to take the weighted classes in a field that I do not want to go into (the medical field) and boost my rank/GPA or should I take non-weighted classes that are related to what I want to do (business) and about maintain my rank/GPA.

I want to study business in college and hope to attend Texas A&M.
Sorry if this was confusing!!
Thanks!!

TAMU does not consider your GPA unless your school does not rank, then it will use your GPA with the school profile sent by your school with your official transcript at end of Jr. year. Your Sr. transcript is not used for admissions.

If you are a TX resident, If you graduate in the top 10% of your graduating class, you will be an auto admit and will be accepted directly into Mays College of Business. If you are out of the top 10%, you can gain full admissions via being an academic admit. Scroll to #2 for academic admit qualifications. http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted
If you are top 10%, you must also graduate under the recommended or distinguished curriculum. * Students who change from the recommended or distinguished curriculum to the new foundation curriculum must complete the Distinguished Level of Achievement to qualify.

If you are out of state, the top 10% rule does not apply to you but you can still be an academic admit.

TAMU has rolling admissions (except for Engineering majors) and people are placed into their major as they are accepted into the university. Mays College of Business fills quickly with auto and academic admits.

If you are in state and not an auto or academic admit, you are considered a review applicant and your chances for admissions to Mays are thin, as there are a tiny few spots held for review applicants, and those applicants are very competitive. If you are out of state and review applicant, your chances are even slimmer.