What's the deal with UW doctors signing fake sick note excuses at the protest?

<p>Make sure you keep a diligent watch on this for us JiffsMom and keep reporting back frequently on what you find. Someone has to do it. This is a great service you are providing. Don’t let the fact that these are a few individuals in a university community of tens of thousands deter you. You are correct that these few could destroy the entire reputation of the whole university.</p>

<p>You really don’t have something more productive to do?</p>

<p>no she doesn’t have anything else to do and it is frightening. </p>

<p>Where is the moderator to stop this cable tv/am radio ranting?</p>

<p>Shooting the messenger, annoyingdad? </p>

<p>Funny… all those national news sources got wind of the UW doctors’ fraudulent acts all on their own. Imagine that… UW doesn’t exist in a bubble after all.</p>

<p>Hmmm… the costs to taxpayers of the teachers’ fake sick-out are estimated to be around $9 million, so far (updated figure). Are those UW doctors, UW, and their insurer prepared to foot the bill for that? Cue the qui tam lawsuits…
[UPDATED</a> – Protesting Teachers Could Reap $9 Million from Taxpayers to Attend Rallies | MacIver Institute](<a href=“http://maciverinstitute.com/2011/02/teacher-sick-outs-to-cost-taxpayers-more-than-6-million/]UPDATED”>http://maciverinstitute.com/2011/02/teacher-sick-outs-to-cost-taxpayers-more-than-6-million/)</p>

<p>What do the national news sources think of Scott Walker not slamming the phone down on “David Koch” when he suggested sending “troublemakers” into the demonstrators to precipitate an incident? Did he tell “Koch” what he was suggesting was criminal and dangerous? NO, he said that “we had thought about [doing that too]” but was afraid that if there was violence the result would be that it might weaken his position and force him to “settle.” </p>

<p>Do you get that? Walker not only did not slam the phone down on a (guy he thought was a) billionaire right winger’s suggestion that he could arrange to send goons into the teachers and nurses and firefighters and students at the Capitol to provoke a melee – into Wisconsin citizens PEACEFULLY exercising their rights of free speech and free assembly – but he admitted that he and his people had actually thought about doing it themselves and only rejected it because the political consequences might not be helpful to him!</p>

<p>My son, a UW student, and my brother, who lives in Madison, each have been at the Capitol recently during the protests. In my son’s case, just to see what was going on, not because he was a participant. I want you to think about how I feel that our governor would be having a friendly, even joking conversation with anyone who would suggest something that would obviously put them and every other Wisconsinite at the rallies (let’s not forget the law officers who inevitably would be drawn into such a melee) at physical peril. </p>

<p>This guy is the biggest disgrace to the people of Wisconsin that I have seen in my lifetime.</p>

<p>Wow! I haven’t listened to the recording, but if that’s the case the Gov. is a messed up guy who isn’t fit to lead.</p>

<p>I have tried calling the governor but apparently, he only takes the Koch brothers calls. Here’s the New York Times article about the prank call: [Walker</a> Receives Prank Call From Koch Impersonator - NYTimes.com](<a href=“Walker Receives Prank Call From Koch Impersonator - The New York Times”>Walker Receives Prank Call From Koch Impersonator - The New York Times)</p>

<p>I’m disturbed that this is the governor who will have so much say about UW-Madison. I was also at the Wisconsin Capitol Saturday with my high school daughter. What if one of his “troublemakers” caused “trouble”?</p>

<p>It was never about a fiscal/budget issue. The unions were willing to give concessions. Yet Walker still refused to accept a single compromise.</p>

<p>Now his true colors come out.</p>