When applying to nursing school, do you need to apply to the university as well?

Lets say i get into a 2+2 nursing program, when i apply to nursing school in my sophomore year, do i need to apply to the university as well? so, both the nursing school of a university and the university itself as well?

I’ve been researching this because I am also applying in the Fall to schools.
Once you complete your reqs by your sophomore year, you apply to the nursing school not the actual university. Make sure you apply to multiple programs because it is just like college apps, you might get rejected. Also many nursing schools have a automatic admission threshold, such as a 3.6+ GPA maintained for transfer(not necessarily true for all but do your research).
I personally would prefer a direct/admit because I can’t handle the anxiety of being rejected! Haha, best of luck.

Please read the fine print for each college. The application materials, deadlines, etc. can vary greatly. I suggest making a chart for all of the places where you will be applying, and a schedule warning you of upcoming submission deadlines. Some colleges have earlier deadlines for nursing applications than for other majors.

@ThatDeafkid i was looking at how to apply to nursing school at CSULA and they said that if you are not enrolled to the school, you also need to apply to the University…

For the Cal States and UC’s you are interested in, you need to apply to the University first with the CSU and/or UC application, then the Nursing school will usually have a supplemental application to also submit for the direct admit programs. For the 2+2 programs, you apply to the University and then after finishing the pre-req’s, you apply to the Nursing school. If you are not a current student at that specific university which has a nursing school, you would apply to the university and then the nursing school.
Check each school’s nursing school application information to make sure you know the correct procedures.
Again, all this information is on the Nursing school websites. Not sure why you are having difficulty in finding or understanding the information. Googling is easy and most of the information is self explanatory. Do you not have a counselor/family member or friend whom could help you?

yeah, for the schools that don’t have direct entry programs, i know on the application i pick the Nursing major and if i get accepted i go in as a pre-nursing major in which i take my pre reqs and then apply to the Nursing school itself, what I’m worried about is the universities that have direct entry nursing programs for undergrad freshman. but i will look into that

Here is the info for CSUF:
You must complete a CSUmentor applicationOpens in new window during the fall semester of your senior year.

Select the Direct-Entry Freshmen option as the major.

The application period is October 1 - November 30.

You will not need to apply to the School of Nursing separately.

For SDSU: Similar scenario where you apply with the CSU Mentor application, select Nursing (BS). No additional supplement.

Application Process for Entering Freshmen Application Due Dates

Application Due Dates:

CSU Mentor Application Due
Fall 2017 Admission Oct. 1 – Nov. 30, 2016
Fall 2017 Freshman Applicants must apply to San Diego State University via CSU Mentor as a “Nursing (BS)” major:

Submit CSU Mentor Application

Applications to SDSU are made via the CSU Mentor application. Application to the CSU Mentor system initiates your SDSU Web Portal account. Check your account to keep abreast of important dates and deadlines to submit official transcripts and other important documents to the Office of Admissions.

All application deadlines are firm and final. The School of Nursing WILL NOT grant deadline extensions under any circumstance. If your application is submitted after the deadline, you will not be considered for admission.