When do you find out if you got into Alabama Action?

<p>My daughter applied online for Alabama Action. When will she find out if she got in?</p>

<p>My daughter applied online for Alabama Action. When will she find out if she got in?</p>

<p>She’s in (if she is indeed part of the Honors College), unless she put some kind of horrible reason on why she wants to do AA :wink: It’s first come, first serve. As of yesterday, there were about 100 spots remaining in AA. AO and BBA were still open, though I don’t know how many spots remain for those. (per email via Honors College yesterday) These look like GREAT opps for our kids!!</p>

<p>How could you tell how many spots were remaining? My DS still hasn’t decided between his 2 college choices - but if he goes to UA, I think he would love to do one of these programs.</p>

<p>Hi, VAmomof4! I emailed Susan Alley at Honors College yesterday and asked about it… my son is really interested in doing either AA or BBA …just hasn’t quite made up his mind which one. But with only 30 spots for BBA, he will need to make that decision very soon. (My son finally made the “college decision” this week, on Tuesday night, and I am so relieved. It was really stressing me out! GOOD LUCK)</p>

<p>For reference, on mybama, looking at these three courses, there is a capacity for 150 in AA, 30 in BBA, and 80 in OA.</p>

<p>She’ll be happy to know that she is in. She really wants to meet some other kids to start making friends on campus as soon as she gets there.</p>

<p>My son was so happy he participated in AA. He met many new friends that he is friends with to this day. He said it was a great ice breaker to start the school year.</p>

<p>Ditto that. One of the other advantages of S taking AA for our family was being able to move S into the dorms earlier than the rest of the students…and to ease into campus life with fewer people around. This helped him a lot and didn’t make such a large school feel overwhelming. There are all the other benefits that people mention, but the early arrival was, for us, a hidden gem of AA. LOVE the Honors College and all of the programs that they offer, such as AA, OA, BBA!</p>