When to start studying for the ACT/SAT?

<p>I'm going to be a sophomore this year and I know it's a little early to be worrying about this but I want to get at least a 32 or above on the ACT or a 2150 or above on the SAT. I don't want to wait til my junior year because I'll probably be too busy with AP classes and extracurriculars. When did you start studying for the sat/act? Was it hard or difficult? Am I worried too much? Is my sophomore year too early to start studying? </p>

<p>Start studying during the summer of your sophomore year and take an SAT during your junior year in the fall and one during June</p>

<p>@Jellybae‌ thanks for the advice. </p>

<p>Start reading NOW! And like what Jellybae said start the actual prepping over the summer. It’ll really help if you start reading during your spare time and learning vocab now. Good luck! :D</p>

<p>@Jay2631‌ what books or websites do u recommend?</p>

<p>I just realizing that the sat is changing in 2016 and I’ll be a junior so it’s best to start studying the sumr of my sophomore year but I can still look up new questions on collegeboard now.</p>

<p>Just take the most challenging math and English courses, read a lot and study hard and you should only have to prep for a 1-3 months before the SAT. Taking the PSAT will let you know where to focus your study and learn good test-taking strategies. Actual SAT prep doesn’t really take that long because your classes should ultimately prep you for that.</p>

<p>It is summertime so Read, Read, Read. I also recommend you read with a dictionary and look up any words you struggle pronouncing or understanding it’s meaning.</p>