Which bank is best?

<p>Son was accepted to VT from OOS and we just attended Hokie Focus and he decided right then that VT was the place for him. I found information on which banks have atm's on campus, but was wondering which one is most convenient? I have a bias against BofA and would rather not use them if possible. Thanks.</p>

<p>Son didn’t open a bank account locally. He has an account with a bank in his home town that reimburses for ATM withdrawals at other banks. It worked out fine. </p>

<p>When you go to the new student orientation in July you will be handed promotional material by many of the local banks.</p>

<p>My son is OOS but we bank with BB&T. They have an ATM on campus & there is a branch by the math emporium so it’s been convenient for him & me as I can transfer money to his account if/when needed. As ChrisTKD said, when you go back for orientation, check in to different bank locations to find out which one is most convenient for you. Good luck!</p>

<p>I know you said you have a bias against BofA, and as a BofA customer I fully understand what you mean, but they are probably the most convenient for freshman. </p>

<p>They have an ATM under D2, which is a 3 minute walk away from the furthest dorm, they walk-in bank that’s about a 10 minute walk away from the dorms, and they locations everywhere. I terms of convenience, BofA can’t be beat.</p>

<p>Both of my children use BB&T for the reasons previously posted: ATM on campus (Student Services Building) and a large branch on Prices Fork.</p>

<p>We have an account with BB&T and just transfer money online to the kids’ accounts online and they access as needed using Debit Card.</p>

<p>BB&T is well established in the ACC region (VA, NC, etc, headquarters in Winston-Salem) so there will be no problem finding a branch throughhout the region should they day travel say to Roanoke, Lynchburg, Richmond or where ever in the region. Just search for BB&T in the GPS and one will be nearby.</p>