Why Is VT the Best?

Virginia Tech is an amazing school. I have it down as my #2, with my #1 being NC State, a school I’m absolutely in love with.
But what are YOUR reasons to love VT? What sets it apart from everywhere else?
I went & visited, & nothing really screamed “YOU HAVE TO BE A HOKIE,” so I’m going down a 2nd time (I’m OOS) to see if things are different.

I live in Virginia, and I would be tickled to death if my kids went to Virginia Tech. It has a great reputation (especially for engineering) and people who go there, even if they were at first reluctant, seem to love it.

That said, my oldest will probably consider VT to be too big for her. She craves a small school setting with good teacher-student interaction. So, large class sizes, especially freshman year, are a drawback.

The biggest thing about VT is that everyone who goes there LOVES it so much. it’s a great place to be

My son’s final 2 came down to NCState and VT. He really wanted to fall in love with NCState but just couldn’t do it. Liked the Raleigh area and thought it would be a great place to live after graduation but the campus just didn’t draw him in at all. Old red brick buildings that typically weren’t updated inside, train running thru campus, and the fact the engineering was split between main campus and the other side of Western Blvd. Went down for an Engineering Accepted Student day (for EA engineering students) and while he enjoyed the day, the school didn’t totally click with him. VT has a much more attractive campus, lots of open green space, and the older buildings have been for the most part nicely updated inside. Hokie Stone appealed to him much more than red brick lol. Any engineering that’s not in the new building is located close by it. And there’s no comparison to football games at VT vs NC State :).

He’s graduating soon and knows now he ended up where he was supposed to be. And we’re happy that he stayed in state and saved some $.

Good luck in your decision