Wingate vs Microtel

<p>I’ve stayed at the Microtel in T-town several times, usually for three, four days at a time, and have never had a problem there. The rooms are on the tiny side, but they have always been very clean and the staff is always very friendly! The location is so convenient and they usually have good prices if you book through Priceline.</p>

<p>AVOID AMBASSADOR Inn at all cost! It’s disgusting and what a pity since it’s recently renovated.</p>

<p>We stayed at Microtel on Veteran’s just after the UFE interviews were complete – it was clean, but spartan in terms of frills. Hey, it’s a Microtel. The lighting is pretty awful (florescent across the wall over the beds) – but if you are knitter like me, the uber-bright harshness has a certain appeal :wink: Since we were interested in a quick and inexpensive stay-over, it served its purpose.</p>

<p>I took a chance with Priceline and got a room at Yellow Hammer Inn for $38!! I believe the regular price is around $139, so probably wouldn’t have booked there without the discount. </p>

<p>Although the drive was about 15 minutes to campus and at 8am there was traffic coming into town, we didn’t mind the drive at all. Nice, quiet, country club setting (and apparently on a lake, but we were there so short of time that we didn’t explore!). They had continental breakfast and free wifi. I would definitely recommend!</p>

<p>beadymom, that’s a great price! We stayed at the Yellow Hammer Inn last year and really liked it. My hubs has insisted we stay there again the next time he makes the trip with me. Lovely views.</p>

<p>I like the staff at the Microtel. Rooms are tiny though…really tiny.</p>

<p>Am booking for two days for move-in in fall. Reviews look okay. I know it won’t be as nice as the Hampton Inn-East but like that is has small indoor pool and it is probably like $40 cheaper per night after taxes. Is being that close to the Walmart a big mistake?</p>