Wisconsin U. vs. UCLA vs. College of William&Mary

<p>I was accepted by these three schools. Im OOS for all these schools. I will major in physics.How to choose? Any comments are very appreciated.</p>

<p>I do not know anything about College of William and Mary. I do know about UCLA as I live near there plus my son attends Wisconsin. Both are great schools. At UCLA, do you know if you could graduate in four years because lately it is very common to take five years to graduate? Can you afford that out of state tuition at UCLA as it is very expensive for possibly five years? Wisconsin out of state tuition is much less costly than UCLA. Do you like winters? I have no knowledge about the physics department in either school however. I attended graduate school at UCLA and my husband is an alumnus from there as well, and we love UCLA. But if I were out of state, I do not think it would be worth paying that high price tuition unless money is no object.</p>

<p>uw is doing lots of major physics research work at CERN(“god” particle etc) and with their own arctic research facility detecting subatomic particles. Not to mention plasma physics.</p>

<p>[UW</a> scientists play key role in discovery of a new particle consistent with Higgs boson (July 4, 2012)](<a href=“http://www.news.wisc.edu/20846]UW”>UW scientists play key role in discovery of a new particle consistent with Higgs boson)</p>