Worried About Early College (ALEKS, Math Placement test)

Hi,

I am a sophomore and just beginning the early college application for my school district, which is due in March. In order to get into the program, we must take a placement test for mathematics, (ALEKS), and get into Math 65 or above to be considered. As a naturally nervous person, I am concerned that I won’t qualify for this class when taking the test. For reference, I scored a 490 on the math SAT. I have always been doubtful about my math abilities but have been able to scrape by and get 'A’s in all math and math related classes, though of course with a substantial amount of trouble when compared to my other classes.
I know that this is likely not enough detail to come up with an entirely accurate conclusion or prediction, but I would greatly appreciate it if someone could let me know how likely it is for me to get into this class based on what little information I am able to provide. I don’t know what the ALEKS test or Math 65 entails and I am very worried.

Thank you,
Danielle

You can find sample ALEKS questions online to get a sense on if you know the information.

That said, placement tests are just that, for placement. If you don’t do well, then you just aren’t ready for that class. It’s totally OK!

My issue is that I won’t get into the program if I don’t place at least Math 65 and I am really worried, otherwise, I wouldn’t be concerned.

What is Math 65 (course title or description from the catalog), what math are you in now, and what math have you completed?

Introductory Algebra II
I have taken Algebra I, got all As and am currently in Geometry, all As

Looks like they are just testing that you know the algebra 1 material in order to be ready for algebra 2, which is the same math that you would take next in regular high school.