3 sport Varsity Athlete,
1500 SAT but WPI does not use it

2 Likes

Accepted EA - Presidential Scholarship
Engineering School
UW GPA 3.9
IB Program
Computer Engineering internship

Congrats to everyone who got in. And for those of you who didn’t, you will find the right school for you!

2 Likes

Does WPI offer admission to students without the Presidential Scholarship? Does it seem everyone on here with a golden ticket also got the Presidential?

Not everyone gets it, but many of the students on CC applying in their EA and ED rounds would trigger it.

1 Like

You can look in previous threads were people have stated that they do not negotiate.

They do not meet 100% need.

What is the gap between the full aid package and your EFC? Make sure your CSS form and what you entered into the NPC are the same. Rerun the NPC and set up a call with financial aid officers.

Review the scholarship list and see if you can get them to add VEX or one of the other smaller pots of money.

2 Likes

DD Got accepted EA today with $21k Presidential Scholarship
1500 SAT
High GPA
Multiple Sports, Volunteer, APs

3 Likes

Thank you! Yes she received two, the Presidential and the Lesley Small Scholarship.

1 Like

Does it seem odd that some kids are being offered 21k and others 22k? Last year, it seemed like most were offered 16k for the presidential scholarship.

1 Like

Thank you very much! I will do that.

D admitted EA with 30k merit (Presidential & Lesley Small)
3.95 uw
10 AP’s
OOS (California)

5 Likes

Son accepted EA, Pres Scholarship $20K
4.2 wgpa, bunch of APs with all 4/5 on exams, in Calc 3 now
No need on Netcalc. We are pretty happy!

5 Likes

My INstate EA son received $23K Presidential.

I was anticipating $16K,
plus some grants (since our NPC showed $25K).

5 Likes

Mine the same. She loves the school, but waiting on an ED. 30k scholarship per year applied EA - it was 2 different scholarships, one in the mid 20’s and one about 5. They are serious about attracting female STEM students.

5 Likes

Son Accepted EA, 23k Presidential Scholarship, 9k WPI Scholarship, 32k Total Aid, 3.8 UW/4.1 W, URM, OOS California, APUSH, AP Bio, AP Calc AB, H Chem, AP Music Theory, AP Calc BC, AP Physics, APES, Work Experience - Math Instructor Mathnasium, Leader Sound Tech Crew, Electric Bass Player in a Metal Band, Middle School Math TA, Elementary School Music TA, Strong Rec Letters, Strong Essays, Desired Major Aerospace Engineering.

4 Likes

These kids have done SO much. Every time I read another post, I am super impressed with the accomplishments and potential at hand. Congrats to the supportive parents behind the scenes😌

3 Likes

Son accepted early action with 20K Presidential Scholarship
Intended Major: Mechanical Engineering

Stats:
GPA: 4.0 uw, 4.35w
APs/Honors: 5 APs and 3 Honors
Attended Johns Hopkins EEI and Cal Poly SLO EPIC programs this past summer
EC’s: Has worked part time at local library since 10th grade, volunteers at local animal rehabilitation center, accepted into and participated in Berkeley
Math Circle for two years
OOS - from CA

4 Likes

SORRY, this was put here by mistake. New to this site, did not mean to post this here.

Has anyone submitted an enrollment deposit yet? WPI is one of my son’s top two schools (admitted EA). He hasn’t heard from the other yet. If he submits his non-refundable $500 deposit, would he get in line for housing choice? How does that work? The wording online makes me nervous to submit a deposit if there is a chance he might attend another school. There’s a more than 50% chance he will attend WPI, so it’s worth the gamble if he can get out of the contract if he gets a killer merit award at the other place. Are you waiting for other decisions before placing the deposit? Thanks.

WPI: “Please be aware that by submitting your deposit, you are making more than just a financial commitment to WPI. Barring some unforeseen eventuality, your payment of this deposit should be considered a binding commitment to attend WPI.”

1 Like

I wouldn’t put a deposit in until 100% sure.

2 Likes