WPI Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

Thank you. The C was in Calculus and was COVID related unfortunately. It is now an A and the Q3 interim report has been sent. Hoping that helps, it’s his #1 but plans B and C are already locked down.

2 Likes

EA 2 comes out tomorrow night?

My son had answer tonight (waitlisted)

My son got in CS with 21k/year merit.

6 Likes

WPI (and now we have RIT in same boat) who give nice merit scholarships - I think it was 22K from WPI and 19.5K from RIT but it still leaves an insanely high COA.

3 Likes

Anyone able to get more $ if send email and call them?

They say they will not increase merit. My son sent his semester grades (all A’s for 6 classes including 5 AP’s) and asked if he could be considered for any additional scholarships/grants. He was accepted EA, They said no.

WPI has not seemed to even try to engage my son. RPI offered more and the AO has been very active in communicating with him. I have not been impressed with WPI,s process and communication.

I think the free application/no test scores has generated so many applications that WPI is more focused on quantity, not quality. (No disrespect to ant applicants, i just think WPI is trying to get a LARGE pool of applicants.)

We do not try WPI yet. Plan to attend Admitted student day 1st.
If my son say no to the school, will not ask at all.
We have NU acceded and more $ than WPI. Will attend both Admitted student days.

1 Like

Just posted this in the WPI regular decision thread and remembered she applied Early Action!

WPI was her first acceptance but it wasn’t until after visiting a few weeks ago (and months of research and agonizing) that we realized it was really the best school for her. Best wishes to all the kids!

1 Like