Announcing CC's new moderators

After a week of voting, we have two new moderators for CC:

They will be joining the existing moderators on Monday. We’ll be working together to show them the ropes next week.

Please join me in thanking all of our candidates for volunteering. I know it wasn’t an easy choice because of the quality of the people who were running. Thankfully this isn’t the last opportunity. Our plan is to open up new moderator slots at least once a year.

Thank you to the 118 voters for participating in the process.

35 Likes

Congrats to both of them, and the other two, who already have my votes for the next election.

Kudos to you too, Jon, for making us all feel a part of this.

6 Likes

Thanks in advance to @MWolf and @momofboiler1 for their contribution to the site.

9 Likes

Congratulations, and best wishes!

5 Likes

Congratulations!

4 Likes

Congratulations to two well deserving new moderators.

Yes, I am kissing up so remember this :rofl:

6 Likes

Congratulations @momofboiler1 and @MWolf . Welcome to the team

5 Likes

Congratulations! Thank you for your many contributions to CC to date and going forward as moderators!

7 Likes

Thanks everyone! I’m excited to join the moderating team.

21 Likes

@CC_Jon:

Can I suggest you make the new SuperMod training module “Anecdote is Not the Plural of Data 101” available to the wider CC community? It will save us all a lot of time.

:rofl:

Seriously, new mods, I am a huge fan of the moderation on this site. Keeping things focused is the real value-add that CC has over competitors. It’s why I keep coming back here.

6 Likes

Congrats new mods! Soo… if new google employees are nooglers, are new mods nods? Just musing……

3 Likes

Congratulations to @MWolf and @momofboiler1 - really great adds to the Mod team!

8 Likes

Congratulations to our newest moderators! I am sure you will do an excellent job, and I look forward to voting in the other two nominees on the next go around!

4 Likes

Thank you everybody for your kind and encouraging words! Now I just need to measure up to the rest of the mod squad (somebody had to use the term)!

12 Likes

Congrats @momofboiler1 and @MWolf ! Very excited to start showing you the ropes!

3 Likes

Congratulations, @MWolf and @momofboiler1!

4 Likes

Some off the frequent participants on the political forum are alleging there was rampant election corruption, disputed hanging “chads” and Russian collusion😃

Regardless, congratulations to all four participants who are clearly and deservedly highly respected and appreciated! Congratulations!

2 Likes

OK, I bit my tongue for 12 hours, but I cannot resist any longer.

For the benefit of our younger readers, most of whom probably were ineligible to vote in this election, The Mod Squad was a TV show in the late 60’s / early 70’s starring Rashida Jones’ mother.

To tie into College Confidential, Rashida Jones graduated from Harvard. While undoubtedly academically qualified, she was also hooked as the child of 2 celebrities and as a URM. :grin:

6 Likes

Peggy Lipton and Quincy Jones.

@MWolf, this is a perfect example of taking the thread off-tangent. We expect a warning and then a quick deletion of further similar posts come Monday. (Said entirely in jest of course! :smiley: )

2 Likes