College Board National Recognition Program (includes former National Hispanic Recognition Program) Class of 2022

Hi all - just posted this to an ASU specific thread; and going to share it here as well:

Another Texas family here cancelling a trip to ASU in November (My son is a CBNRP - Hispanic). Our high school hosted a college fair last week, so I asked the ASU rep when to expect scholarship info (my son was already accepted; was working on his Barrett app). She told me about the changes; that they decided it wasn’t fair to the kids who were not able to take the PSAT. I don’t agree because College Board gave the AP option, but it is what it is… so when we heard his max award would be only $15,500, really no point. It wasn’t my son’s top pick anyway, and I’m glad we found out now than later. He won’t be finishing the Barrett app. We then approached the U of Arizona booth. He received $30k with his acceptance there; and she told me that it is a sure thing and that his Hispanic Scholar recognition would be an additional $3k, and it will show up soon. He’s auto admit into their Honors program; she said that notification will come later as well - I think she said December / Jan. Now, I had my other son with me ('24) and she made a point to tell me that U of Ariz is going to change their scholarship matrix next year, so starting with '23 high school grads so I shouldn’t expect my younger son to get anything like the scholarships my '22 grad received!! So any of you with '23 and younger - be aware!

2 Likes