National Hispanic Recognition Program Class of 2022

PSAT scores just came out today. Do you guys think the College Board will lower the cutoff for the NHRP? Or will the cutoffs be similar?

Hi-does anyone know what the cutoffs are for class of 2022 (for NHRP)? Has anyone got anything?

I’ve been wondering the same thing. Thanks for posting

Does anyone know what the cutoffs are for class of 2022 for NHRP? When would letters go out if you meet the cutoff?

Has anyone else seen this? It looks like College Board is completely re-doing their recognition program, putting all categories together and requiring AP exam scores. Edit – not requiring AP exams, but adding them as an optional way to qualify. Phew.

Replying to myself – never mind – when I re-read, it says ONE of the criteria. So it’s an additional way to qualify (having AP Exams). But yes, they’re combining the programs.

1 Like

As far as I am aware, NHRP ceased to exist beginning with high school class of 2021 - there is no NHRP anymore. CBRP replaced it.

The AP exam score is a weird new additional qualifying option for class of 2022. The exam score options are very different from the old NHRP.

1 Like

This change definitely makes sense. Since PSAT testing has been a difficulty for most students during the pandemic they are adding on the AP component to balance it out. I like this a lot more in my opinion.

Am I reading correctly that the AP’s exams taken at the end of Junior year will count towards the 2 required to qualify. Does this mean that by doing this, they will learn later whether they qualify or not? Are they also scoring by state and not region this year? I wonder when the cutoff scores will come out.

1 Like

The wording is a little bit confusing not going to lie, but the website says that 9th and 10th grade scores are considered for Juniors. As a result, I don’t think Junior year scores are considered because they typically release the email in March-April of Junior year.

1 Like

Thank you. This is new territory for everyone. Hoping for the best. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same to you too.

Did anyone get an email yet from CollegeBoard?

nope I have not. has anyone gotten an email?

I don’t think they are using cutoff scores. From the college board website is more whether or not you meet eligibility criteria (all three) (Assessment Criteria—Students must meet one of the following requirements: Take the PSAT 10 in the spring of their sophomore year and score in the top 10% by state OR Take the PSAT/NMSQT in the fall of their junior year and score in the top 10% by state OR Earn a score of 3 or higher on two or more AP exams by their junior year (9th and 10th grade AP scores are considered); GPA Criteria- Students must have a 3.5 GPA or higher; Program Criteria- Students who identify as African American or Black, Hispanic American or Latinx, Indigenous, or attend school in a rural or small town.
And even when you are a Jr you could have already taken 2 AP classes and gotten 3 or higher so no need to have the AP scores from your Jr year. If you don’t meet these, there two other things you could meet under that criteria (assessment criteria).
Is how I understand it anyways.

I don’t think they consider Jr year AP scores either. They would look at what you got in 9th and 10th grade.

Nope. And they haven’t posted a deadline so I bet they haven’t sent anything out to the qualifiers yet.

I tried emailing them a while ago about it and they gave my a phone number to call to ask about it. I giving them a call tomorrow to ask about it and I will let you know about it cause I am qualified by 2 of the requirements to apply for it :slight_smile:

Yes please, let us know what they say! My son should qualify too. And how do we know if we are top 10% of PSAT in the State? College Board gives % but I believe is for the entire nation not by state. Does anyone know? But he meets the AP requirement so PSAT ranking should not matter but I was just wondering.

if anyone else wants to phone number, this is the email they sent me;
Please contact College Board customer service at 1 (866) 630-9305 for all questions related to College Board’s National Recognition Programs.