How can I attend med school at 30 and quit my day job?

I am confused by all of your recent posts.

18 hours ago you posted the following:

"BenKlesc

18h

I’m just about to graduate with a bachelors in environmental science. I’ve taken a STEM route. Taken bio 1 & 2, chem 1 & 2, orgo.

I’m wondering how many more years would it take to complete medical school, for those who chose a different degree without starting over?

I’m interested in oral surgery. Will my path be made easier having completed a degree already, or will I be making my life harder? Is it difficult to transfer?

I may not decide to do it and just stick with my current degree"

At one point, you were trying to major in engineering. Currently, it’s environmental science?
My daughter went to medical school. There were tons of “requirements” to get in. Pretty sure it’s similar to dental school. You need a lot of money, time, patience, and LOR’s along with experience.

Where are your labs, shadowing, clinical experiences and patient care volunteering experiences before even applying?

Maybe you should go to your career center and really take advantage of their information. You’ve bounced around so much with schools and majors and this does not bode well for an admission. Your are 27 years old, according to another post, and you’re still debating about what to do.

Find out how much time you need to prepare for this dental field from the career counselors at your current university. Your ducks need to be in a row before you even apply. It doesn’t sound like you have a doable plan for this current occupational path.

Set up an appointment with the career center.

4 Likes