Match me - Intl student from India in need of advice (lib arts interests)

Barring significant changes in financial aid policies between this year and next year, the OP will be able to attend college in the U.S. and remaining within her family’s budget. Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCUs) have some automatic scholarships that will give the OP a full ride. Below are two examples:

Tuskegee: Tuition, Room, Board, Fees, & $800 for books

Alabama State: Tuition, on-campus room & board, books, & fees

Below is another example of where she might receive full tuition automatically, and would be an extremely competitive candidate for the full ride (the international scholarships page went to this page which is the same as for all incoming students)

University of Montevallo (non-HBCU): Would automatically qualify for free tuition, and seems as though would be highly competitive for tuition, room & board scholarship

I am sure there are others out there. If I was the OP I personally would pick some of the elite colleges that meet full need without loans (reaches), matches (schools where she knows she qualifies for at least full tuition), and safeties (schools where she know she can get a full ride).

4 Likes