University of Florida Class of 2027 Official Thread

Personally I don’t know why one would turn down an equally prestigious school (some would say more prestigious) for a two year online thing - even if you can be adjacent to and in some ways participate on campus.

However, there are some reviews out there - he’s a thread below - it’s from covid time so all the info may not be the same - but some might help you.

There’s a reddit thread but I don’t think you can post - but here’s what a PACE student said - as opposed to most who are shaking their head as to what PACE is.

Good luck whatever you decide. But I think if your kid wants a four year experience, unless it’s a warm /cold or $$ thing, seems like Wisconsin would be the way to go.

Two years ago, I received the same offer you did. I was admitted to UF through the PaCE Program, and frankly I was disappointed. I felt like I did something wrong, like I didn’t really get in, like I wasn’t enough. While I looked at my decision nearly two years ago, I don’t believe I ever could have guessed how much of a blessing in disguise getting accepted to the PaCE Program truly was. As a PaCE Student I was able to travel while still being a full time student. I was able to build my own schedule to maximize my free time to truly invest in the University of Florida community by joining various organizations across campus. I was able to build relationships with so many professors and faculty across campus, including the UF Online staff where I now have the privilege to serve as a UF Online Student Ambassador. This program is so much more than an admissions pathway, it is truly a lifestyle that builds you into an independent learner and self-starter. I am so thankful for all of the personal growth that I have experienced during my time at UF and so much of that has come from being a PaCE Student. I am so excited for the journey you are about to embark on. I encourage you to approach your PaCE decision with an open mind. If there’s anything I can tell you, it’s this: You are more than enough, and now, you are a Florida Gator. Welcome, and congratulations.

Talk to me about UF-PACE program - Colleges and Universities A-Z / University of Florida - College Confidential Forums

1 Like