2013 Singer/Stamps Weekend Decisions

<p>Biocellar, my DS also received what you did (4 years ago) and he has had an amazing experience at the U. FF is great (my DD is one) but DS did the honors program and enjoyed the more challenging classes, and thrived at the U. Congrats on your achievements.
One thing that both of my kids have mentioned through their time at the U is that the students never talk about what scholarship they got and that subject just doesn’t come up unless you seek it out. Once the kids are there and have their friends, such things are not important to them. They find like-minded friends and who got what really does not come into their lives. Even kids with full Singers get on campus jobs or work in some capacity and some with financial aid and lesser scholarships don’t. Each situation is different and all that matters is that they are all there together, learning, bonding and having a super experience. Best of luck!</p>

<p>Bulldog, I watched that film the night that we won the ACC regular season title, and I was literally buzzing with Canes spirit afterwards :slight_smile: Congrats to your daughter, she’ll absolutely love it here!</p>

<p>Thanks DinDune,</p>

<p>Very nice words and advice. He still likes UM a lot but the FF was important to him.</p>

<p>We’re going this weekend, already have $22,000 presidential, $15,400 coral grant, and $3,000 Florida Bright Futures. Any hope of also getting Singer?</p>

<p>I went to UM yesterday for singer weekend.</p>

<p>Well my son is a Cane ! After much consideration and some great options he decided on UM tonight. Thanks too all on this board for your advice and support through the process.</p>

<p>Go Canes!!</p>

<p>Go Canes!! Congrats !!!</p>