2015 Chancellor Powers Knapp Scholarship Results Thread

Thank you @outofstategirl ! You are very kind.

Last name starts with an M, hoping I get a call soon if I did get the scholarship. Does anyone know if they send you some sort of notification if you didn’t get chosen?

@GoBadgers1997 I think they will email you if you aren’t chosen. My last name starts with a N, could you post when you receive your results please? Just so I know when my phone call/email will come roughly :smile:

@gobadgers1997, Yes, it would be nice if we know which way they send the rejections, and someone who got rejected posted in here. So far I don’t see any rejections yet.

I received a phone call today - they left a message. I called back and left a voice mail and I have not heard anything yet. It was from the Student Services Coordinator of the scholarship. The suspense is killing me. My last name starts with a K.

@KaikiD, Thank you for letting all of us know. What time did you receive the call? If they really go by last name, about a third has been called. Hope more people posting here.

The call came around 11am.

@KaikiD‌ , Did they get back to you yet?

i got a missed call from uw madison and almost had a panic attack, but they just wanted to know if i would be attending the students of color day :frowning:

@nenbe97, You’ll get another call. It was K yesterday. N is very close.

I finally was able to talk with someone - Powers- Knapp!

Congratulations @KaikiD !!!

@kaikiD congratulations! and thanks for giving us the heads up with your name - i will literally be sleeping next to my phone for the next day

@GoBadgers1997 have you heard anything yet?

Hi guys, my last name’s initial is N and I still have not heard from them yet. Do you guys have any idea how long it will take them to complete the whole process of calling people and stuff? Thanks

One staff told me that it would take several weeks from end of March / early April to complete the notification.

Thanks for your answer. But I feel that “early April” will be soon over so I’m really worried, since they have not even sent out rejected letters.

@qnguyen000 my last name starts with an N too, and i haven’t been contacted. i’ve emailed them twice in the past, and have tried calling numerous times to only get the messaging machine. i am seriously considering calling them again, because if we haven’t won the scholarship, it is unfair to keep us in the dark for this long while we could be seriously considering other colleges.

hahahaha maybe someone else wants to email them and ask about the notification process? i would, but i swear i have contacted them twice via email, and called over 10 times but just got the voice recording machine every time.

i called - they said they don’t notify alphabetically (idk if that’s good or bad, i mean the pressures off for me today, but now i don’t have a general idea of when they will call), and they will most likely finish notifying within two weeks, but definitely before may 1st.