2015 Chancellor Powers Knapp Scholarship Results Thread

Thanks @nenbe97 for letting me know. If you called and they said so then I guess our job is to wait. I mean we are all tired of waiting but what else could we do?! Moreover, if they told you that they don’t notify alphabetically then it could be random or from most potential to least potential applicants.
I guess the reason they don’t send out rejecting letters yet because some chosen applicants may not attend Madison or receive their scholarship so they have to make sure they get enough quantity before sending out rejecting letters.
Btw, good luck to anyone who are waiting for this scholarship like me. Let us know if you hear anything from them.

An hour ago I got the phone call - I was selected to become a Chancellor Scholar! I honestly can’t believe I just typed that sentence, when I was stressing about this for the past week straight. The lady said that it was a very competitive pool, and around 170 were chosen. I just want to say that if you guys worked hard and diligently through high school, you’ve got this scholarship in the bag and shouldn’t worry.

Congrats @nenbe97! Was it the director or staff? Area code 608?

@woodbury2010 it was the director Gloria Hawkins, and it was the area code 608

@nenbe97 OMG congratulations!!! I feel happy for you since I understand how serious consideration you take for this scholarship. But it also dawns on me that I have not been selected 'cause we have the same last name initial :p.

@qnguyen000 , @nenbe97 said before that someone at the office told her they didn’t notify alphabetically, so don’t worry too much.

@nenbe97 , are you from Wisconsin?

hey all, and to whoever else got in, congrats!! I also got accepted, I was notified by phone call on April 9th… has anyone else been notified?

@perpetuallyme , what time did you receive the call? And what state are you from?

I got the call at about 4 in the evening and I live in Washington.

Thank you @perpetuallyme !

@qnguyen000, have you heard anything? Anyone got rejected so far?

Hi all, I’ve just got a letter of rejection today. It was dated April 10.

I received a call notifying me I got it as well!

@woodbury2010 i’m so sorry. are you still considering madison?