2021-2022 USC Transfer

It would be good to be get famliar with outside housing options. Housing is going to be slammed even more this year with all the sophomores that missed on campus living this year plus the new freshman. Transfers hardly get housing normally, this year could be much worse as traditionally, a lot of sophomores don’t want to live on campus, but this year most all will want to.

that’s strange. I committed last Friday and haven’t got anything about housing. Did your friends get details about it under the confirmation email or was the email just purely about housing?

Call housing if you have committed and did not receive an email! Let us know what they think chances are to get housing, curious what they are saying at this point.

1 Like

i’m not sure about the details but they definitely got the housing email!

1 Like

also i was looking to live at on campus apartments (century and cardinal gardens) to avoid the full meal plan. i wanna live “on-campus” my first time ever living away from parents and makes me more secured in a weird way lol?? i live 15 mins away from campus w/o traffic, just wanna live at usc for at least a year just to get that college feel.
any input on the on-campus apartments would be greatly appreciated

Wait I thpught we didn’t have chance on any of the in campus stuff!! How does the apartment stuff work?

it’s unlikely to get on-campus housing for transfers, but i think if u room w someone who had their application in early (continuing students), then u may have a better chance? it’s the same as getting a dorm, it’s just that it’s an apartment and u can buy a significantly less meal plan (yes a minimal meal plan is required for everything on campus).

I think you should call and ask if possible to room with continuing student since apps would have to match exactly and theirs is already being processed and on a different deadline. And ask if transfers have a chance at housing this year. Just cause you turn in an app doesn’t mean you have housing.

If I submitted my letter of rec through the Common App, is there a way to check if they received it?

should say submitted on the status bar

mine does not say that

do you mean under the application checklist?

I submitted my entire app back in February if they didnt have it, would they contact me?

yep, just called them and said right now we can’t room with continuing students ;( however we can be placed with continuing students during assignments!

they were really nice but said it’s not guaranteed and housing is a high demand right now

1 Like

On common app if you check ur usc submission I think you should be able to view it. Also, you might have a confirmation email too

thank you

Just called USC and they said there is no way regular transfers are going to hear back before May 31st:( he said they want to do it all at the same time

some regular transfers have already heard back though?

huh… well i might just commit to Berkeley then lmao

That is what they all say, even before we heard the first wave. My interviewer told me that they would start rolling out the decisions in a few weeks (this was back in the second week of April)