2021-2022 USC Transfer

yeah, that happens sometimes at university’s and i don’t really know why. i saw on the Berkeley forum that some people applied fall 2021 but got accepted for spring 2022

Oh jeez,

i think its because they want to offer as many spots as possible but run out of room on campus for the fall, so they defer some people to spring to take up early graduate spots

Yeah… that makes sense. But u think they defer them based on completed credit hrs? Or based on majors?

I heard somewhere they defer them because their GPA was a little low so they don’t want them to drag down admission statistics. I don’t know how true that is.

Oh okay that makes sense too! Thx

i don’t really know haha, i would assume probably be a mix of both.

Yeah I guess so…

If I get a SGR can I send an unofficial screenshot for an admission decision. Of course they will need an official copy but I won’t get official transcripts until like the second week of June and I can’t handle that type of anticipation.

In regards to completed credit hrs, I don’t think so. I got admitted last Friday with only 19 credits completed. I have 15 credits in progress right now and I don’t even have the writing requirement completed. Hope this helps! I got admitted for Fall 2021 btw

@Tails07 They really don’t need an accurate mailing address, everything is done electronically, the only thing they may mail is an acceptance package, but those were downsized considerably this year, so it’s just a certificate along with info you find online. So not missing anything via the mail really.

Oh okay but aren’t u TTP? I believe USC doesn’t defer TTP applicants

Thanks for calling, yes, I find housing to be one of the friendliest offices to call. Glad you confirmed what we thought. If I were a transfer and think USC will be it, I would start looking at off campus housing options now so when it’s time to do so you will be more familiar with choices out there.

You can send an unofficial to your advisor or upload it and send a note to advisor that you uploaded an unofficial and will send official as soon as available.

If you get in, then contact admissions with the new address at that time. They don’t mail the acceptance packages till well after acceptance posts online, plenty of time to handle then.

Does USC focus on essays and extra curriculars a good amount? Or is it mainly GPA based

All kinds of reasons - majors, hours, space and also the applicant. There was a poster on here a few years back that was from a good 4 year, with good grades, but was obviously immature as the guy was seriously over-contacting his admissions rep (and asking the same question here 20 times hoping to hear what he wanted to hear), so belief was he was given spring to grow up a bit - so all kinds of reasons. Frankly was surprised he wasn’t denied - his emails to them were bordering on stalking. :slight_smile:

@lbrowne ECs much less for transfers that regular freshman admits. GPA and essay, plus courses completed (based on major) are key.

Good luck to all of you waiting for decisions!

I have a TTP question-

If denied and offered TTP, does the admissions office expect that you will apply to the same major you applied to when denied as an entering freshman? Or can you apply to a different school, such as applied this year to Dornsife and was denied, then can you switch and apply to Price under TTP?

Have any of you done this? Thank you!

LOL that boy got me, thx for the info!