2021-2022 USC Transfer

uber allowance is for freshman only

1 Like

Yup! When my daughter had her interview at Keck (Nov 2019), Dean Arias welcomed the applicants. As she spoke to the hopefuls she specifically said: ā€œAnd for those coming from a UC today, Keck LOVES you! The UC medical schools may spurn you but we do not! So join us!ā€ :slight_smile:

Ayy, so my admissions officer just responded to my email- she says that any changes to the experiences/ activities section of the common app for USC are still taken into consideration!!!

5 Likes

good to know! thanks :))

1 Like

Anyone apply for film prod?

USC Film/ Cinematic Arts is extremely competitive! All the luck in the world to you my friend- you will need it :slight_smile:

It definitely is! I just got waitlisted from Chapmanā€™s film program last week sadly. Last year, SCA decisions came out on May 21! The wait is killing me!

1 Like

Have decisions come out on Mondayā€™s before? Any chance weā€™ll hear back tomorrow

Not usually.

USC provides free Lyft rides (was formerly Uber) from 7am to 2am within 2 miles of campus using a USC transportation app.

They also have Campus Cruiser - a USC organization that provides rides and walking partner services 7 days/week around campus and surrounding neighborhoods.

Both use apps to arrange for services.

There is not an Uber allowance.

Generally speaking, housing around campus typically ranges $800 on low end for a shared room kind of situation to $1200 -1400 for mid range shared situation at a nicer facility like a Gateway, and around $1600-2100+ for a single studio or apartment. Plus utilities in all these situations. Leases are 12 months unless they offer ability to pay more per month for a shorter lease.

anyone here know how to add more extracurriculars and stuff onto the application? i emailed my counselor the same question but she isnā€™t getting back to meā€¦

1. Log into your Common App account.
    2.Go to the USC app.
    3 . Click ā€œSupporting Informationā€ and itā€™ll show the sections ā€œExperiencesā€ and ā€œAchievements,ā€ which you can edit.

Hey Guysā€¦Weā€™re finally in May! I was recently nominated for the Presidential Scholar & Academic Achievement Awards at my CCC and Iā€™m not sure if I should email my counselor about it. I donā€™t want it to seem like Iā€™m full of myself lol. What do yā€™all think? Iā€™m going to add it to my common app right now too.

Might as well. I emailed my counselor about a few other things too.Just take the time to make a meaningful email. The worst that can happen is that they just donā€™t open it. LOL

1 Like

Yes! This new info shows that youā€™ve been an asset to your current cc so likely will do good things at your future school.

Hello, Happy Monday everyone. I hope you guys had a good weekend. Another week closer and honestly I am feeling PUMPED for some reason. Hopefully, the mood gets me through the week. I hope you guys are taking care of your physical and mental well-being. I have also added some extra details on my common app since someone mention they may still be taking things into consideration (thank you to whomever provided that information earlier). I was invited to be a member of a couple of honor societies this semester and though I did not think it was something to addā€¦ at this point the worse that they would do is ignore it. Sooooo, I added it. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

California dreamin~

2 Likes

Does anyone know if weā€™re supposed to go back into the common app and update our GPAā€™s if we took winter courses? I mean I already uploaded my winter grades on my portal?

Thank you just emailed her and updated in the common app! hehe :kissing::v: