2021-2022 USC Transfer

Ok i uploaded my high school transcriptt though and a couple hours later I got a green checkmark so i should be good then for that one right?

I was able to send my official transcript for High School as well because my High School used Parchment. So everything for me says awaiting. I sent them on 01/26. I will wait 1-2 more weeks and if it doesnā€™t come then iā€™ll contact usc to ask what to do.

Did you send your official College transcript electronically from your own personal email address?

no I uploaded my college transcript to common app so they already had it with my application, I uploaded my hs transcript myself

Forsure . I think I uploaded my unofficial Colloege transcript onto common app when I submitted , but I just sent my official College transcript to usc through my own personal email today. I tried to upload my official one on my applicant portal but it doesnā€™t give the option for official, only unofficial. Do you have any advice on that?

How much do high school grades matter when transferring?
My high school GPA is a 3.3 My school didnt offer AP courses

I had a very unique situation during high school which I explained in my essay

And I worked full time jobs throughout all 4 years. Iā€™ve done lots of volunteer work.

Im currently a Freshman at SMC, honor student with a 4.0 and Iā€™m part of 2 clubs, board member of one.

Not a legacy student or anything. What do you think my chances are? Any advice?

No Iā€™m not sure but I would def email your AO for more info if it doesnā€™t get approved within a few days or so, my AO has been pretty responsive and you find their email on USCā€™s website

How many classes have you taken at college, or how many units? I believe for community college if you have anything below 30 units as a transfer applicant then they look at your high school grades.

Currently Iā€™ve completed 18 by the time decisions come out itā€™ll be 32

I believe it matters if you finish 30 by the end of spring, and then they donā€™t take HS into account as much, correct me if Iā€™m wrong! I think if your HS grades arenā€™t great you should take all the major prereqs, take the max GEā€™s and try for that 4.0. Cause then there isnā€™t much else you can do. Theyā€™ll probably just send you a SGR. I had a 3.0 in HS and they told me High School wonā€™t matter because Iā€™ll have 30+ units by the end of spring. Last years thread I saw some ppl with 2.9-3.2s in high school get in as a sophomore transfer having a 4.0 at a CC.

I also asked the counselor on the how to transfer to USC page if they look as much into your HS grades and they responded

ā€œOur focus is always on college grades but we may still ask to see spring grades if your high school performances wasnā€™t as strong or if youā€™re taking a particular course we feel we need a grade forā€.

1 Like

Thank you! This makes me feel so much better because I went to a charter hs so I can work while attending school and took 0 APs. A lot of people kept saying if you didnā€™t take APs in hs you have no chance of getting in.

Will a late letter of rec be accepted? I recently got close with one of my professors.

1 Like

Yes you can still send in letters of rec and any updates that are worth noting. They will add them to your file. They donā€™t process transfer apps for awhile.

does anyone know where I can send a new schedule of classes I am taking this semester. I tried emailing my counselor but they arnt responding.

Does anyone elseā€™s transcript still say awaiting? cuz mine does and i submitted them like jan 24 like what theā€¦

1 Like

Yeah same. But donā€™t worry, i emailed my counselor and she said it is just taking time, everything should be in by the end of the month, apparently the system is overflowed right now because of 1st year stuff and the incoming transfer. and they prioritize the 1st year documents because their decision comes out first. so i wouldnā€™t worry unless it still says awaiting by the start of next month.

1 Like

My transcripts are also not processed yet. :disappointed: it is a little odd.

I was conditionally accepted to CSULB on 2/16 and CSULB asked for my transcripts I sent them on the 16th (2 days ago) and they are already processed. USC I sent transcripts to about a week prior to the deadline (back in January) and they still are not showing.

yā€™all think usc is gonna accept a lot of ppl this year like last year cuz of covid and all? i have the stats but Iā€™m just so nervous still lol

I feel like this year more people will be applying so a part of me believes less spots will be available, but the other part believes that they might be a little more lenient bc of COVID. But yeah I am extremely nervous too.

1 Like

USC takes their sweet time with the admission process, especially the transfer admission. Donā€™t worry about your transcripts not being processed, they wonā€™t be getting to your files until late April. Decisions wonā€™t come out until May and they drag on until mid July. It is so brutal. I wish yā€™all the best of luck!