2021-2022 USC Transfer

Do NOT withdraw! You have nothing to gain. If you were already going to commit to one school, there is nothing stopping you from waiting for a result from USC. I have seen people with C’s in calc with Business Administration as their major get in via SGR. You can do this! Have faith and patience in the process.

3 Likes

On the way to Marshall, calc is a prerequisite subject and a core subject. Something might be asked to explain.

Thank you so much for the reassurance and support. I really do appreciate it. I mean everything else in my application is good besides that Calc grade, as I have great EC’s, recommendation letters, I got all A’s in all my other classes, and my HS GPA was also good. I’m also a TTP and legacy, so maybe they’ll be more forgiving. If I want to provide an explanation, who do I contact, but also, is it worth giving an explanation (regardless of the circumstances) cause a C kinda speaks for itself.

1 Like

True. OP should definitely explain their circumstances.

There will be no problem with you reaching Marshall. For sure…

hi guys!! has anyone applying to dornsife gotten an SGR?? I haven’t gotten one and i’m a little bit worried about it

what does OP mean? Original poster, so is that referring to me?

I did today!

1 Like

yeah you, original poster

1 Like

there’s no need to worry about not getting a SGR. There are plenty of people who never get SGR’s and get accepted, so don’t fret.

4 Likes

was that addressed to me? or duuoui?

Once again, your entry into Marshall is only a matter of time. You’re a big man who comforts others.

2 Likes

deleted

hi hi hiii! I’ve been a lurker on this thread for quite some time now, and I figured it’s time to introduce myself to all the amazing and supportive people on this thread! I’m a female junior transfer to Marshall from a CCC and this is actually my second time applying. I applied last year, also as a junior, but I was rejected May 22nd… ahhhh! Of course the rejection turned out to be a blessing in disguise, but I hoping that this is the year! Glad to see @CADREAMIN again, as helpful and supportive as always :slight_smile: Good luck to everyone and feel free to ask me any questions, if any!

7 Likes

@blueberryblues If you don’t mind me asking what was your GPA? I’m applying to Marshal as a sophomore and I’m a bit nervous. Thanks

Would like to second @Biker143 question. Im applying as a junior transfer to Marshall from a ccc non ttp and non legacy.

Hopefully :smile: , and that’s something I’ve never been called lol “a big man”. I’m literally physically the opposite of big, being a 6ft dude, weighing 125 lbs :laughing:.

1 Like

lmaooo same im 6’1 133lbs :skull:

1 Like

gotta love it. especially when you try to buy clothes gosh. having a size 27 waist makes it impossible to buy men’s pants. but I can’t change my high-metabolism :frowning: even though I eat like a monster.

Hi @Biker143, no. problem at all. Last year I had a 4.0 with 51 units completed and 19 in progress. I never received an SGR, but I uploaded my winter semester which was just one 3 unit class. When I finished my semester, I had a 4.0 for around 70 units that I completed in 2 years, not including 2 AP’s. Oh and I should add, I’m not TTP and non Legacy, in fact, I’m actually a first gen applicant.

3 Likes