2021-2022 USC Transfer

same here ill eat a lot of food but I swear all of it evaporates 10 seconds later. The worst part is making a hole in your belt :skull:

2 Likes

im really scared now :skull: Im applying as junior and my gpa isnā€™t a 4.0

There is literally of no way of knowing with USC. Ngl, I was positive on getting in because on top of my GPA, I had a really compelling essay, relevant ECā€™s and letters of rec and I know people who have gotten in with so much less.

1 Like

What the? damn rejected with a 4.0!? making me nervous

Yo bro donā€™t worry, while USC is more gpa-oriented, according to years past (on college confidential and on their matriculation profile), the safe admit range is usually from 3.7-4.0. I would also like to emphasize what blueberryblues said about it being unpredictable, and it is. As long as you have a good upward trend in your grades and passionate essays, you should be fine.

Also, there are people with under a 3.7, like the occasional 3.4 or 3.3 who gets in after explaining their circumstances. They were also passionate in their essays. At the end of the day though, the AOā€™s need to see if you are a good fit for the university and their interpretation can come in many different ways.

2 Likes

thank you for telling me your stats plus+essays. Honestly my essays were pretty weak this application cycle so im not super confident but I like to hope lol. My stats are 3.88 essays weak 51 units completed 17 in progress.

thank you! I hope USC notes my upward gpa trend from high school to community college. I was a pretty bad student in high school but I got my act together at CC

my high school gpa was a 2.8 but now my gpa is 3.8

1 Like

3.88 is honestly bonkers dude, that will land you squarely in the 50th percentile+

Also they will not factor in HS grades if you have over 30 semester units completed.

1 Like

ā€œphewā€ im still praying for myself and everybody else on here!

1 Like

anyone think weā€™ll hear back this week?

Very shocking that you got rejected with those stats even though admissions are always unpredictable. Kind of nervous since Iā€™m also a 4.0 applicant except Iā€™m TTP. Do you mind sharing if you completed enough major preparation classes and prerequisites? Sometimes that could be the reason to a rejection. Thanks for your reply!

Omg, you are a TTP with that gpa and just a C in calc? You will be fine! Do not bail, do not bail, do not bail.

2 Likes

I too have been trying to use CC as an escape from my past in HS. My GPA dropped to a 2.9-3.0 unweighted senior year, because of extenuating circumstances and senioritis. Letā€™s hope USC can deliver. Itā€™d be honored to have a student like you on campus.

2 Likes

Like wise good luck!!!

1 Like

heyyy @cauliflower101 ! Yes, to my knowledge I did all of the pre reqs and maxed out on all the major prep which is why I spent the year working and didnā€™t take any classes.

Welcome and good luck this cycle, happy that your are fighting on this year!

2 Likes

Also, for everyone concerned about not doing so well in HS but ā€œgetting their act togetherā€ or getting better grades in college. USC lovveesss an upward trend more than anything. I attended their transfer sessions and days, and that was one of the things that they stressed most, so donā€™t get discouraged if thatā€™s your situation. As it was mentioned millions of times on this thread, USC is holistic and takes in so many life factors into consideration when making their decision.

3 Likes

I love this more than USC loves upward trends :stuck_out_tongue:

Hearing it directly from the admissions people themselves really makes me feel better, thank you!

no sgr here :upside_down_face:

has anyone applying to marshall gotten a SGR? itā€™s barely may but iā€™ve been getting more anxious